Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok fellas I need help...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Default Ok fellas I need help...

My service engine soon (ses) light came on this afternoon. I went to Advance Auto. the codeis P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire detected. I don't know much about working on my own car so bear with me. LOL
So the guy tells me I need spark plugs well, 1 but, I think I may as well change all of them since I have to change anyway.
I asked about wires and the sales guy tells me to just get the standard 1.77 spark plugs and don't worry about wire and boot kit.

So my question is what is the real difference in spark plugs and should I change the wires and boots (what ever they are) since I am going to change the plugs. I have started going to the Auto Skill Center on post they have all the tools and people to help U do it yourself. (I changed my own brakes and turned my rotors last wk )

Any advice would be greatly appreciated seeing that my goal is to do all of the work on my car myself from now on.

BTW I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Old 07-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Banned
Default RE: Ok fellas I need help...

Yeah change the plugs with good old NGKs and OEM spark plug wires. The things he is talking about.. the 4 wires coming out of the top of your engine. Those are attached to the spark plugs. OEM is the best for those... either that or NGK. NOTHING ELSE!!!!

Old 07-11-2007, 05:23 PM

OK I am going to sound like a total Noob but, what is the differenceI am going to pick up the parts 1st thing Sat Morning so I can get a early booth at the skill center. Also is this a one day job?

Old 07-11-2007, 05:28 PM

Should be an afternoon job, shouldnt take that long, as you have a 4cyl. The 6 is a pain in the ***. You want NO part of that, lol.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:29 PM

it is a one day job, if it goes all smooth it should be less than a day depends if it wants to be a bitch or something but yea you should change the plus wires and boots also and I also agree on getting some OEM plugs and everything at times if your plugs and boots are old and everything it would start to misfire cause of the wear on them good luck dude

Old 07-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Banned

Literally... its as easy as putting gas in your car... and it takes about the same time.

The difference is reliability... nothing more. NGK have been around ever sinse spark plugs have... they are like the grandpa of the plug world.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:32 PM

OEM? those are the same as original parts right? Do the Spark plugs change or effect performance?

Old 07-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Banned

Well if you are having a missfire... then yes

Old 07-12-2007, 02:54 PM

Thanks I will give a update Sat when I am done

Old 07-14-2007, 07:46 PM

i had the same problem changed plugs ,wires, coilpack, clered the code but it came back. I had oil in the #1 spark plug hole so i changed the valve cover gasket and the little plug gaskets and i havent had the code since

Quick Reply: Ok fellas I need help...