Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

optional rust protector package?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 01:10 AM
Default optional rust protector package?

So, assuming i finalize the sale on the 06 eclipse GS i'm looking at, now comes the rust protector question. The last guy at the line of stupid salesmen, service guys and managers, is the business dude who likes to sell those extras and add-ons. Is it worth getting the rust protector on the eclipse? They charge $995.00 canadian + taxes for this. Its also includes interior protection against spills and crap. Or am I better off geting it somewhere else, if i should even get it?

Old 12-10-2006, 01:59 AM
Banned
Default RE: optional rust protector package?

Nope... not unless you plan on keeping it for 20 years... why spend money on something your not going to get the benafits of. I say.. .**** it.

Old 12-10-2006, 02:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Nope... not unless you plan on keeping it for 20 years... why spend money on something your not going to get the benafits of. I say.. .**** it.

well i plan on keeping it for like.... atleast 10... hopefully.... unless it starts to fall apart... but i wont get rid of it till its paid off!

Old 12-10-2006, 02:04 AM
Banned

holy crap... well... in that case maybe it is worth having it done.

Old 12-10-2006, 02:16 AM

thats what i'm thinkin. Though my current car, a 2000 sunfire, i never got rust protected, and the only thing that really rusted were the rotors. nothing on the body has rusted, and theres only surface rust on under the car. Big deal, had to replace the rotors.

Im sure getting it done through a smaller shop besides a dealership (especially this one) will be something to think about and compare prices. It sounds like a wise idea.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:29 AM
Banned

You can never prevent rotors from rusting. Rotors will actually rust in about 5 mins apon contact with water.

Old 12-16-2006, 08:30 PM

Working in auto sales I can tell you one thing. If I had a dime for everyone who told me they were driving it till the wheels fell of I'd be rich. If I had another dime for each one of those people who traded out of their car within 3 years I'd be twice as rich.

Don't get the rust guard unless it's already on it. If it is ask them to work on the price since you didn't want it.

The normal warranty will cover it longer than you'll own it. Trust me.

Old 12-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Banned

thats a good point

Old 12-18-2006, 09:34 PM

I'm in sales and do financing alsoat a Ford & Mercury dealership here in my town..I'm not a "stupid salesman" as quoted and I don't sell aftermarket "junk" just to make a buck...So I'm a master certified SALES CONSULTANT and one of those "Business Dudes" so please don't stereotype me!
Yes the environmental package is well worth the money! I have done it to both of my vehicles and I wouldn't use it if I didn't believe in it. I can get you references from a lot of my customers to prove it. I have never once had a complaint from anyone who has purchased it. We offer an environmental package that undercoats the vehicle, door jambs, underhood, and trunk. There is also a paint protectant/sealer that goes on the exterior thatprotects against tree sap, acid rain, birddroppings, industrial fallout, and most weather elements.The interior is also treated with an industrial strength scotch guard to protect against stains. A car care kit goes with it so you can keep up on it at home yourself after you get the vehicle back. Our charge is $595 + tax USD which is cheap.
It's worth it because not only does it protect your vehicle but it will help your vehicle keep a higher resale value come trade-in time againif you use the product on a regular basis and the way it is supposed to be used. There is also a 6 year warranty for the interior and exterior that goes with it. Say if your paint starts going bad while you are using the product then the company will repaint your vehicle. If you are spendingmoney onan investment like a vehicle then why not keep it as nice as possible. Go for the environmental package! Also purchase Gap Insurance!!!