Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Outlander Bluetooth stoppedworking

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 03:07 PM
Default Outlander Bluetooth stoppedworking

Hello everyone! I own a 2008 Outlander, which I bought new. Recently my cellphone Bluetooth stopped working. When I go into the multi comm. system, everything is present, but the Bluetooth/Phone button is grayed out, and when I push it I receive a "system error" message. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on how to fix it?? Thanks for any help you can lend! Dave

Old 11-10-2015, 07:12 PM

Can anyone lend any insight on this situation??

THANKS!

Old 01-17-2016, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by cdknapp
Hello everyone! I own a 2008 Outlander, which I bought new. Recently my cellphone Bluetooth stopped working. When I go into the multi comm. system, everything is present, but the Bluetooth/Phone button is grayed out, and when I push it I receive a "system error" message. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on how to fix it?? Thanks for any help you can lend! Dave

RESETTING BLUETOOTH® (HANDSFREE) PASSCODE — 2007 & later Outlander, 2008 & later Lancer/Lancer Evolution. When pairing a Bluetooth handsfree device to a vehicle, the customer is asked to create a 4 digit passcode as a security precaution. This code is only used when the customer makes specific changes to the profile for that device and customers may forget what code they entered during the original pairing procedure. If the vehicle is equipped with handsfree module part number 8785A003, use the following reset procedure to reset all passcodes and clear the system:

* Turn the ignition to the ON position.
* Press and hold the "hang-up" button for 2 seconds.
* Release the button and repeat 2 times. Do not exceed 10 seconds total time.
The customer can now re-register the handsfree device with a new passcode and change its profile.

I found this on Facebook.

Old 01-28-2021, 10:36 PM

I just figure out how to fix mine. Put TMC settings on manual. If you put TCM on automat bluetooth will stop working. Probably because there is no TCM in my area and it keep searching and keep disconnecting bluetooth very 30 seconds.

Old 07-30-2021, 12:39 PM

Mitsubishi Bluetooth module is a bad product. Each time I did BT software upgrades it fixed some bugs but introduced new ones. Horrible...
Another issue with BT module I had was to play properly mp3 files. Somehow Mitsubishi decided to play them on BT module instead of the radio unit. Why? As consultant working in IT I can only conclude that this is a bad system design from the beginning, thus, software upgrades will unlikely help.

I took OEM BT module out of my Outlander III 2013 and sold it on eBay for $50, then I even replaced Mitsubishi radio with Alpine UTE-92BT without CD (who needs CD player nowadays?). The Bluetooth/handsfree/music_streaming_via_BT functionalities are working flawlessly and I even managed to connect controls on the steering wheel. There are plenty of aftermarket car radios in 1din or 2din format or Android based units with touchscreen, back camera connectivity etc. I needed 1din radio with BT/handsfree and possibility to have additional storage pocket under the radio (that's why 1din).

My Alpine unit came with a microphone which I placed closer to the driver, what idiot at Mitsubishi designed and placed it on a ceiling near room lamp? People could not hear me when I was driving and talking via handsfree with OEM Mitsubishi radio.
The only thing I had to make was an adapter from OEM 20pins mitsu connector to standard ISO car radio, see pictures. The 20pins connector (male if I recall correctly) I bought from AliExpress or something for $2-5.