Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STUPID Oil Light

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 12:46 AM
Default STUPID Oil Light

Ok, my oil light came on the other day so I stopped and checked the level and it was fine. I just got the car a couple weeks ago so I figured this was good motivation to change the oil (I'm at school so don't have a good place to do it otherwise I would have done it alreday). Changed it today along with the filter. Oil light was still on, I found the sending unit and disconnected it and the gauge (which has been working fine) stopped working and the light went off, only problem is when I reconnected it the light came back on. The guage is still working fine and my pressure is fine. Is it possible that the sending unit is messing up and making the light come on but still working enough for the gauge to work? I will probably just try and replace that and see if it fixes the light cause I can't think of anything else that would cause it to come on legitamately.

Old 12-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Default RE: STUPID Oil Light

sounds like a plan.......... if thats not it id check the gauge.....

Old 12-14-2004, 07:48 PM
Default RE: STUPID Oil Light

Yea, the day after I changed the oil I started it up and the light went off, it's been off for four days now, guess it didn't like the old oil that was in there or something. I guess sometimes you just need patience.