Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Thinkin about puttin a blitz front bumper on my car would 5oz. fiberglass break easy????

Old 01-20-2008, 06:55 AM
Default Thinkin about puttin a blitz front bumper on my car would 5oz. fiberglass break easy????

My car got hit by a friend so he has to buy me a whole new front end with his insurance and i was thinkin about puttin a aftermarket bumper on but people keep tellin me oh dont do that they break or crack when u barely touch somthin....so if i put a blitz front bumper on will it break really easy???

thanks

-Justin
[align=left] [/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13175/35D4DA446D8F404895F4F41EDD3BD27B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Thinkin about puttin a blitz front bumper on my car would 5oz. fiberglass break easy????

yes because they are usually only fiberglass. which suck. you will definetly have problem depending on where you buy it with fitament. You are gonna need to have it modified to fit perfectly. So IMO i would not do it. Plus i guess im alittle bias toward them as well because i hate the look of the blitz. I think the two best looking fronts on those cars are the shine street lip and the wings west lip

Old 01-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Default RE: Thinkin about puttin a blitz front bumper on my car would 5oz. fiberglass break easy????

yea i like some other ones to i was just using the blitz as an example.. its goin to be professionly installed so im not worried about that..so just let me know what you guys think....
thanks...

[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-20-2008, 06:22 PM

well if you're cars lowered then i wouldn't bother because aftermarket ones will crack easily if you hit a pothole or just bottom out. so you'll end up replacing it after a while, so if it's worth it to you then go for it. IMO i like the stock bumper with a lip on it, looks nice and clean

Old 01-20-2008, 06:50 PM
Banned

its ugly, car enthusiasts hate them, and you will be dubbed a ricer.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:24 PM

idk what to do my car isnt lowered or nething so im not sure..i just want my car to look kool but i cant get a lip b.c the insurance is payin for it and i can only pick out a bumper for a certain price...so idk
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Banned

Stock replacement

Old 01-21-2008, 07:45 AM

i have another question?? what if i spend a little more money and get a duraflex front bumper?? will that withstand more and not crack real easy??? thanks for the help
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

if by duraflex you mean urethane, then yes it will stand better to cracking

Old 01-22-2008, 05:55 AM

it just says duraflex blitz front bumper and theres 2 people bendin it and its not breakin ...heres the link to the bumper..

http://www.krazykustomzonline.com/0005-mitsubishi-eclipse-blits-duraflex-front-bumper-p-8260.html

[align=left] [/align]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinkin about puttin a blitz front bumper on my car would 5oz. fiberglass break easy????