Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning my eclipse, mostly suggestions i am ex.Euro so DSM/JDM mods are new to me.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 11:14 PM
Exclamation Tuning my eclipse, mostly suggestions i am ex.Euro so DSM/JDM mods are new to me.

Hey guys, i said eclipse but not the awesome 90's eclipse but the weird 3G TL|DR - skip to last paragraph.

I bought my 2003 Eclipse GT 3.0L v6 a couple of weeks ago and i never thought i would own one, Being ex.Euro VW guy it felt weird jumping into something new but the deal was amazing, 130k-km on the dial and mint everything for 3 grand! No problems besides the O2 sensor so far but thatch a glitch, randomly goes on with no identifier according to my code reader. But lets get to the point.

People everywhere seem to hate the G3 for some reason, mainly because its a DSM and it has the weird cat-fish like look that not many like but i fell in love with the potential of the car, because it is not about the cookie cutter copy paste forum builds but to make the car unique and make some heads turn! With a few changes in mind to the body in the short and long runs i set out to make its G2 father proud...

..But i have never worked with a 3.0l V6... the back spark plugs and injectors are borderline inaccessible, supercharger kits have been discontinued and well i lost all of my part connections because they dont do DSM/JDM mods.

So i ask you guys to help me out, what is your favorite tuning software? What is your favorite chip, What are some good websites that i can order camshafts off of? Coil-overs or lowering springs? So many questions but i would just like to ask you guys on how to make this car a little faster on a budget. ( Turbo is in mind, but the pocket is not! )