Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

turbo timer is it worth it

Old 02-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Default turbo timer is it worth it

i have a chance to buy a new greddy timer for $94.00 with the wireing harnes for it is this a stupid thing at this point cutent mods r ?ACT stage 2 clutch/ extreme psi intake

Old 02-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Default RE: turbo timer is it worth it

i have a greddy turbo timer on my 1g gsx and mainly all it does is keeps your car running while the key is out of the ignition. so if you want to sit there and let your turbo cool down thats fine. but i just take the key out and lock the doors and walk away. very convienent.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:17 PM

buy it its worth it. 94 dollars or a blown turbo from not letting it cool down you figure it out.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:20 PM

not necessary, but get it if u want it

Old 02-08-2006, 10:43 PM

There are several alarm/security systems that you can buy with a built in Turbo Timer feature. You can set the alarm and walk away with the alarm system enabled and engine running at the same time. It will then shut down the engine after a predetermined amount of time. Much better and more cost effective than a stand alone Turbo Timer.

Joel, CA

Old 02-08-2006, 10:58 PM

ORIGINAL: DSMTalonAWD51

not necessary, but get it if u want it
Agreed... a TT is a luxary you can time the car yourself just let it idle for a minute before shuting it off. you wont blow your turbo without one. I dont have one and theengineer never used one I am at 27K he was at 135K, you know what I mean its not really important for the car just if you are to lazy to sit for a minute or two.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:31 PM

ya i know but it would be nice i was just thinking about it

Old 02-09-2006, 12:19 AM
Banned

Save the money for a better mod, don't be lazy and count to 60 after you have messed around. I ended up getting one for 25$, honestly I really don't use it. I do when I'm at the track, but other than that after I had done a pull or two I already drove enough for the cool down. Just a thought....

Old 02-09-2006, 01:01 AM

all it takes is 3 min. of your time to drop the press....lol

Old 02-09-2006, 03:17 AM

you have to remember, most turbo cars out there (audis, porches, anything not owned by young people modifying them) dont have timers, and theyre turbos are still good. everyday driving is not going to do any significant damage to a turbo, and if you happed to have a heavy foot or recently did some racing, just let it idle for a minute or two before you shut it off. if u are just too lazy or busy to let it idle for a minute, then maybe the timer is for you. but ive heard of people who set theyre timers to like 3 minutes every time they go for a drive, and that is just rediculous.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: turbo timer is it worth it