Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbos

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Default Turbos

Ok seeing as my little 99 eclipse is the 2.0 dohc n/a 5 speed version, I was wondering just what would be required to install a turbo? or even if such a modification is possible? I most likely will be taking the vehicle to a shop for any work on it as these newer generation engines leave me baffled, but I don't want to go to a shop and have them say yah, you need this and this and this and this and this and that will be $3k! when I don't need all the extra crap. In other words, I don't wanna get ripped.

or, would it simply be easier/cheaper to buy a crated engine thats already equipped with a turbo and have it installed?

I ain't got money to burn and every little bit I can shave off w/o compromising quality helps. I intend this car to be a show car and want it looking good, running good and sounding good w/o having my wallet emptied by some scandolous garage on uneeded stuff.

Dragon

Old 11-22-2005, 09:23 PM
Default RE: Turbos

if u want a show car why are u going to put a turbo in it for????
and yes it is possible to put a turbo in your car....
cus my friend is going to do it to his some time soon.
and the cheapest ur going to be able to do this is with
at least 2grand......all depends on what kind of turbo
u get..............

Old 11-23-2005, 06:39 PM

with the 2.0 n/a your gonna be looking at around 4 grand... Go check out the turbo forums, 420a knows his crap about what you will need to do to your motor and what not for the turbo... Its more complicated then just throwing a turbo on there... Theres a lot of things you will need to add for it to work. The turbo itself your lookin at around 3 grand or more for a good one with all the parts, then the garage will take a good cut for hooking it all up.. When I had my 99 GS, and wanted to hook up a stage 3 turbo to it, I was looking at around $4500... In all reality, if you want show and go.. Start with a GST or a GSX.. It will be a lot easier to mod, and cheaper.

Old 11-23-2005, 06:56 PM

Heres a stage 2 kit with a t3/t4b turbo and everything you would need at a good price...

You could try to get everything indivually and maybe save some money.. But this way you know you wont miss anything...

Stage 2 - http://www.overboost.com/obs/product...e=Turbo%20Kits

Stage 1 - http://www.overboost.com/obs/product...e=Turbo%20Kits

Obviously if you want more power, go with the stage 2...