Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

USB port/playing music off phone vs streaming

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 07:46 AM
Question USB port/playing music off phone vs streaming

Hello, I am seeing a lot of posts going unanswered, but I'm going to give it a go anyway.

I have a 2016 Outlander with a USB port in the middle console. I have no issues with sounds coming out of the speakers using the ipod setting on the radio, but some songs with playback off of music loaded onto the phone, will skip to the next one before the first one has finished (when close to the end of the song). And it will randomly start auto playing (the same one song every time), I guess that's normal. Sometimes it will not automatically go to the next song, like if I'm playing a selected album.

But my real issue is, the car will playback music loaded onto my phone pretty fine, however yesterday for the first time I played music off of a streaming app. From home to work it played just fine, but from work to home yesterday and then home to work today, it would maybe play one whole song and then would just start rotating through all the songs in the playlist, playing one for one second and then skipping it to the next. Cellular signal was fine, I tried on two separate apps, and the apps played back just fine when unplugged from the USB port. So I'm thinking there is an issue with the car not being able to playback music off a streaming app even though it can playback music pretty fine off music loaded to the phone.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:23 AM

Well now my GPS won't come through my car speakers and even the text message tone and app notification tones that I would hear while the phone was plugged into the usb port and tuned into the ipod setting, did not come through.