Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weird Air Conditioning problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Unhappy weird Air Conditioning problem

Please help. If the outside ambient temp is below 70 deg. F when I start the car in the morning the AC and defrost works fine for a few miles and then the green light on the blower switch starts blinking and the compressor clutch shuts down. If the outside ambient temp is over 70 deg. F when I start the car in the morning, the green light stars blinking within seconds and the compressor clutch releases at the same time. After the first shut down in the morning the green light never stops blinking and the compressor clutch never engages. Is there a thermal switch in the compressor clutch circuit? If not, does anyone have any ideas? It's been to two shops with two different diagnosis opinions. The first shop said I need a new compressor at $900.00+. The second shop sair it was and electrical problem and they did not have access to a Mitsubishi AC circuit flow diagram. Please offer any help as I am drowning in my own sweat.