Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will someone please help me

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 02:55 AM
Banned
Default RE: Will someone please help me

Um... there isnt a tool that i know of. Trial and error.

Did you replace that sensor with a brand new one or a used one?

Old 04-27-2007, 03:19 AM

I used the parts from the original engine. Let me tell you what's going on here.
I bought the car from a realitive I knew he had done damage to the engine (when you knock on the oil pan you can hear things go clink clink inside)
so then I got this other engine and droped it into the car, when I tryed to start it, it would not catch. I replaced the fuel rail and injectors from the engine I took out of the car as well as all the other parts that I have replaced. I know the parts from the car were working before so in theroy they should work now right? I could be completly wrong however I don't know.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:20 AM

A used one that came off the engine I took out

Old 04-27-2007, 04:25 AM

one other thing I forgot to mention.
when the we took the radio out I accadently cut the wireing harness that lead into the the radio and I do remember reading something about some security something involving the factory radio, could this have an impact on the engine not starting????

Old 04-29-2007, 08:46 PM

The radio security is only for the radio bud.
Have you checked to see if you have spark yet? Pull a plug and have someone turn the key while holding the wire (with plug attached) and let the spark arc onto the valve cover. This question that Sebba asked is still unclear.
Next, check your ASD relay found on the firewall, next to the brake resevoir, 2 (fuel and ASD) if you have a manual tranny. Also make sure you have enough power in the battery or you will just start clicking.
Make sure your motor is timed correctly too.
Can't really do too much without knowing if you're actually getting fuel or spark. Another consideration is the computer. Did you swap it out too?

**One more thing, did you use new CAM/CRANK sensors or did you use old parts?**

Old 04-29-2007, 08:57 PM

Here's some relay info..
https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_137146.../tm.htm#137146

Old 04-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Default How to check timing

Check your timing like this..

Original: rcflyerp51

The 420a timing belt cover has a removable plate at the top of the cover. If you remove this cover plate you can view the cam sprockets. Remove all your spark plugs. Obtain a piece of ½" wood dowel about 1' in length. Place the dowel into #1 cylinder sparkplug hole. Take a half inch ratchet and 19mm socket and turn the crankshaft in the clockwise direction until you or a friend can determine that the #1 piston is to the top of its stroke. Now check the cam sprockets. You are looking for a notch on each of the sprockets and they should be across from each other near where the sprockets are closest together. This only happens once for every two rotations of the crankshaft. So if you don’t see the notches the first time rotate the crankshaft (cw only)until the piston goes down and comes back up on TDC. If the notches are now aligned you are OK.
You don't necessarily need to use a dowel, a screwdriver will work just fine

Old 04-30-2007, 02:40 AM
Default RE: How to check timing

Let's see here. I know there is no fire at the plugs. I have a remote-starter soI can start it from infront of the car.
It'san auto trains .
I used the parts from the old engine.
I will check to see if it's tdc tomorrow and let you know what I find out.
I do have a check engine light and it is going out.
I'm prety sure it's not the battery, and the engine is turning perfectly it's just not starting for me.
I checked the wireing harness that leads into the coil pack, according to the manuial there should be a pulse of energy when starting the engine. betwen the middle connection and the right one there is constant power and between the middle and the left there is nothing.
I have checked the Cam, chank sensor and according to the man. they have a little more restance than they should. also the fuel pump relay has a little higher restance too and when I run power through the two side posts and an ohm meter to the top and bottom I got something like .3 and the book said there should be none.
I think I have covered everything, but if I missed something let me know. And thank you for all the information you've given me.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:45 AM

I'm just dropping in to correct myself on something.
The car I put the engine into is a GS and the donner car was a RS I know it's just a little thing but I wanted to correct it.
I'm giving the engine a rest and hopeing that somethin will present itself to me, like I missed a connection or something simmple like that.
I would like to thank everyone that has offered advise to me on this. I may very well bring this back up latter but for right now I'm going to leave it alone before I decide it's not worth the effort.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:17 AM

It's never a bad thing to just step back and take a breather sometimes. If something pops up let us know. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: Will someone please help me