Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Windshield Washer Fluid Level Sensor Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2023 | 11:32 AM
|
Default Windshield Washer Fluid Level Sensor Bypass

My 2017 Outlander has a failed WindShield Washer Fluid Level Sensor. I have confirmed that. I know that it's going to be a real pain to replace it because of the location of the sensor. I really don't care about having the sensor and so I would like to bypass it (to get rid of that message on the display) if I could find locate the wires going to it. It's just a matter of shorting or opening the connection depending on the type of contacts (NO or NC) that the sensor uses. Does anyone know how to locate the sensor wires? There is a cable harness that appears to be going down to the tank area which probably contains the wires but it probably also has the wires to the pump so I'm afraid to cut or experiment with any of them.
Thanks!

Old 08-02-2024 | 07:41 PM
DBW

I've just joined hoping to find a reply to you as I have the same problem and as a pensioner I cannot afford to put it into a garage for repair. Aminoacid, Did you ever resolve the issue?