Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Carbon Fiber Hood

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Default Carbon Fiber Hood

Im new to this so here goes... I have a black '97 Eclipse RS with just a few mods done to it.. I have painted some of the interior parts in my car green, painted my calipers and drums the same color green, painted the Mitsubishi symbol on my rims the same color green, painted various parts of my engine that same green, i have some angel eye black projectors and clear bumper corners, also some reverse glow or indiglow (whichever they are)... anyways, i want to get a carbon fiber hood for it now but i dont know which one would look best on my car... i plan on getting some Z3 fenders and a body kit, but the body kit is again a whole different topic... So, which type of CF hood do you think i should invest in? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Old 12-16-2004, 09:21 PM
Default RE: Carbon Fiber Hood

LOL, oh thank god you had those pictures. I read that and went oh no, cause I knew those kids in high school and in my auto tech class. But you actually did a good job painting and it looks pretty good. Especially the valve cover, you clear that too? As for the hood I'd almost say just get a stock style, with all the other stuff you want to do to the exterior it might be nice to keep the hood low key.

Old 12-16-2004, 11:54 PM

yea.. i was thinkin the same thing about having just a OEM style CF hood.. i really think a CF hood would look awesome on a black car... Oh and no i didnt clear the valve cover yet because i still need to get some tape off of the writing on it... after that im going to clear it... also thanks for the compliment I spent alot of time painting those parts and i thought they turned out pretty darn good

Old 12-17-2004, 01:08 AM

Yea, they did, I'm suprised the valve cover isn't cleared, it looks pretty deep.

Old 12-17-2004, 01:26 AM

just a lot of coats i guess...

Old 12-17-2004, 03:28 PM

That valve cover does have an excellent paint job, really good stuff. Check out the EVO style hood, i like it but somehow it doesn't go with the curves of the eclipse. Also, There's the bomex style CF hood, but that's kind expensive. It does look good though.

I think a black interior would look better than the stock gray interior though. If you want a stock black interior, you can get the piece's from a dodge avenger, or older chrysler sebring. You can find the entire dash, door panels, and carpet, or pretty much everything you haven't painted! They'll fit right up, and they're really nice looking.

Old 12-19-2004, 05:55 PM

really? i didnt know that... thanks... i think im going to start checking out the junk yards, now... lol

Old 12-19-2004, 11:20 PM

VIS carbon fiber hoods are TOP quality pieces. They are great looks and fit wise.

Most companies on EBAY will use thier name like....... "VIS quality" in thier writeups. Do not be fooled by imitations...damn I sound like a salesman hahaha. But seriously there are some out there that have some fitament issues and such.

Old 12-25-2004, 12:27 AM

Yea, I found some things that had applications including the seabrings, that's pretty cool you can mix and match that stuff.

Old 01-14-2005, 05:58 PM

Get a VIS hood all the other brand DONT FIT RIGHT.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Hood