Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

CHECK THIS OUT PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 01:52 PM
Default CHECK THIS OUT PLEASE!

alright, so I'm getting black 18" Falken Torque 5's on my 2002 Eclipse...it's red...I also wanted to lower my car just a little bit...maybe 1.25" from the back and 1.00" from the front...BUT the guys at the shop told me NOT to do it...I want to get it done, but now I'm having second thoughts.....HELP! I also want new headlights...and I'll be tinting my windows a little more....I'll have pics up here soon

Old 03-08-2006, 02:28 AM
Default RE: CHECK THIS OUT PLEASE!

There is only one small problem about lowerng a car. and that is that you cant pull it up to get it alighned or some even towed. I had my GS lowered 1.5 all around and it was fine. If you want to lower I have to suggest lowering the front more then the rear because the 3G eclipse sits high up front anyway even after lowering my the back end was lower than the front. And for headlights Go with the DEPO projetction headlights I had those on my Spyder they work very well and take 2 minutes to install. well worth the money.

Here are my old cars the Red is the lowered one and the silver is to show the headlights on the car

Old 03-08-2006, 10:20 AM

WOW, I liked your cars...I really liked it how looked lowered..i'm still having second thoughts about it because i don't want it ruining any of my alignment or anything...but MAYBE i'll still follow through with it...as far as the projector headlights...LOVED THEM!! how much do they go for???

Old 03-08-2006, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

if you do get lowering springs just make sure you get good name brand ones so that you still have a nice ride. You might even want to think about aftermarket suspension. Not really necesary though. For springs i would suggest tein or eibach. As far as the headlights i think they run for around $200 on ebay.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:54 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

if you do get lowering springs just make sure you get good name brand ones so that you still have a nice ride. You might even want to think about aftermarket suspension. Not really necesary though. For springs i would suggest tein or eibach. As far as the headlights i think they run for around $200 on ebay.
NO john you cant just put springs in an call it a day. You really should get springs shocks struts and a camber kit. If you drop only 1.5 inches you can get away without a a camber kit but youll still uin your stock shocks and struts. And I wouldnt worry about lowering it 1.5 I had no trouble with it in the least and my was lowered for a year and a half in Mass. where they have pot holes that are pretty bad.

The headlights cost me $277 shipped from PJautomotive I later sold them for $200 shipped when I traded the car. Ebay has them around that price but make sure you go with the DEPO brand the others are knock offs. Also DEPO sells 2 types one like mine which was black housings and one similar to the 2003+ with all chrome housings which I really dont like the chrome ones

Old 03-08-2006, 01:02 PM

HEY, YAH THANKS...I'LL END UP GETTING THE PROJECTION LIGHTS PRETTY SOON, I JUST WANT MY WINDOWS TINTED FIRST...WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST?

Old 03-08-2006, 01:05 PM

OH AND I WAS CHECKING OUT YOUR MYSPACE TOO, NICE STUFF....MINE IS http://www.myspace.com/paola8

Old 03-08-2006, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: EclipseGrl8

OH AND I WAS CHECKING OUT YOUR MYSPACE TOO, NICE STUFF....MINE IS http://www.myspace.com/paola8
I sent you a friend request

And for your tint I had 35% on the red eclipse with a mirror fade which I wouldnt do again. But 35% in black or even 20% in black is nice and if you got black wheels then that will look good. The lower the % the darker the tint is 5% is almost impossible to see out at night and you cant see in at all during the day