Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Color Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 04:12 AM
Default Color Issue

Alright so here is my dilemma, I own a 1998 GSx and it is stock color Barcelona Red Pearl I am thinking about paintin my car bright pink with a shiny blue gloss paint. I will be adding some modern image graphics over the top what do you all think. I am a female just for the record in case anyone is having some major gender issues with the color. lemme know thanks guys!

Old 05-24-2004, 12:04 PM
Default RE: Color Issue

if it turns out how I am imagining it.. it will be Fin awesome. send pics when and if

Old 05-24-2004, 01:53 PM

where are you going for your graphix?

Old 05-24-2004, 04:16 PM

I am going to get them through Modern Image. The graphic i can show you on their website. I want it to have gold and a dark maroon or something fun. I am not sure about the color scheme on the graphics yet I would have to see what the paint job ends up looking like. I am waiting to get my body kit on my car before I can get it painted. I ordered a body kit from Extreme Dimensions (blitz kit) and the whole damn kit didnt fit on my car. So i have to go through the tyrouble of sending it back it was totally damaged when they sent it also. Very lame. It was enough to **** me off and not reorder through their company. They have the worst customer service ever. Anyways....My boyfriend is sponsored by Modern Image so I can get a great deal and the owners of the store in a near by town are awesome people. So you honestly don't think that the bright pink will be to much or to flashy? See my interior is tan leather so I thought pink would look super cool if I did inserts instead of making everything pink just to cut cost.

Old 05-24-2004, 09:16 PM

extreme sucks ****. I orderd my bomex kit from them and the rear didn't fit, I sent it back and it took 4 months to get a new one.. **** THEM. anyway, lol, yeah, pink would be cool as hell. specially with the tan. Mine is green and the light tan compliments it very well.. except its hard to get a color scheme that will match green, tan, and the black of the dash... eww.. anyway as far as being too flashy.. whats wrong with that? I love to be the one that stands out everywhere I go! just make sure you can hold your own on the line too... unless you are a show girl

Old 05-25-2004, 02:18 AM

yeah i think pink would look good but remember to make sure the guy that does the painting sands the car down and not pull a macco

Old 05-25-2004, 09:02 AM

I was thinkin about doin a pink pearl on my lancer guys wadya think.[sm=smiley8.gif]tehe.anyway sounds cool

Old 06-01-2004, 09:21 PM

come on now madmat.. haha, actually.. I was thinkin a dark purple pearl.. but that would look almost black, so it be a bit diff.

hey eclipsegirl.. hows it comin? are you hot enough to match that paint scheme? [sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 06-22-2004, 12:41 PM

Well so far I am still waiting for Extreme Dimensions to take my body kit back that I ordered. Until then the color issue is on a stand still. Which totally sucks because I found a guy around my hometown, an amazing painter by the way, who will paint my whole car for $600. This kid is known for his work with imports for I dont doubt his ability to make my car look outstanding. The only updates I have added to my car since the last time I posted was I bought 2 12" subs and an amp for my car. Now I just need to find someone who fiberglasses and I will be set. i think putting just the subs and a huge bulky box in the back would defeat the purpose of a turboed car, just what I need to add to my car more weight. Whats your email addy Jared?

Old 06-22-2004, 12:45 PM

Sounds like it will look good. And yeah, eclipses are heavy enough as it is. Hope to see pics of the car. And im asking burnts same question about you matching the car? Keep us informed.