Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

I'm sooooo excited!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 11:33 PM
Default I'm sooooo excited!!!

Yay, I am freaking out!
Tomorrow I get my new tires.
[sm=smiley32.gif] Yippee!!!
I got the Yokohama AVS ES100s.
I really wanted those bad so it's awesome that I'm getting them.
It's my second upgrade so far.
And I got a new OEM rim to replace that bad one I have.
[sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 08-28-2004, 05:57 PM
Default RE: I'm sooooo excited!!!

I just got back from having my tires put on and my car looks a million times better. Those stock Goodyears drove horrible and looked awful. I also got the aluminum fuel door today too so the exterior is looking much better than before. And as far as a rating for these tires they seem really good but I'm judging on new vs. old so naturally they appear better at first. I'm about to put on the fuel door and head up to Red Rock Canyon to drive around and take some pics. I'll post something when I get back. Yippee!

Old 08-29-2004, 06:34 PM

Here's some pics of the goods.

Old 09-02-2004, 11:04 PM

don't good tires make a big improvement on handling. pics look good too

Old 09-02-2004, 11:46 PM

Nice lookin car

Old 09-03-2004, 02:19 PM

Thanks guys
The day after I got my tires I had an alignment done and got my rotors turned and this car rides like a dream. I seriously can't imagine ever getting rid of it and if I did not ever getting another one. I'm so impressed with how solid this vehicle feels and how smooth it rides. I've been driving on my Yoko's for about a week now and I am still confident that these tires are exceptional. There is barely any road noise at all so it's such a quiet drive. The road I take into work is horrible and it's cement with some weird like drag marks or something on it (sorry, very hard to explain). It looks grated or something. But the tires before drove terrible on it and pulled the car ever which way. These do not. I can cruise up to 80 without even blinking and I don't typically realize it until I fly past someone and look down and think, oh s----, better slow down. And having my rotors turned was another good thing because my car was kind of yanking right when braking and now it's fine. I'm just so freaking happy. For once, one of the best things in my life right now is my car. It's great to not have another money pit and to actually be able to put money into it where you can see it instead of a transmission overhaul or some other stupid expensive repair that leaves your wallet empty forever.

Old 12-12-2004, 05:13 PM

I've always loved yokahamas, very good brand in my opinion. I live in NH so I had to get something with winter in mind. Got a set of 4 goodyear assurance tripple treads and they are great, dry, wet, snow, they perform amazing. The most amazing part is that they do so well in all those conditions. Plus they have a treadwear rating of over 700.

Old 01-15-2005, 01:08 AM

Suweeeeeet pics !

I recently bought some new tires. 14" Generic brand snow tires.

I gotta drive 30mi. of PA highway to work and back daily and I figured
that all season tires and performance tires were good all the way up until
I needed to plow through snow.

So now I find that I can get around in the snow but they are terrible with
all other conditions. The tread is so tall and hard they slide/skid real easily across
dry pavement. If I brake on a downhill grade across wet bricks, forget it !

Wet road "launching" onto a busy highway is all spin.

I guess my point is that all of the extra cash that you might spend on fancy name
performance rubber IS WELL WORTH IT !

DT

Old 01-16-2005, 03:13 PM

Yea, that's what I love about mine, I've used them in all types of conditions now and I havn't found one they don't like.

Old 01-23-2005, 01:47 AM

I know the feeling of going from crappy tires to new and there's nothing better! As soon as I'm south and away from the snow my Spyder is getting some new shoe's. I'm thinking some hot chrome with a nice low pro. You're car looks nice. KEEP IT CLEAN! Put some side wall spray on your tires, and those things will shine for a month before you have to wash them.

Quick Reply: I'm sooooo excited!!!