Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Middle taillight question

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Default Middle taillight question

I want to replace the middle red piece in the tail lights for a black one...Does anyone know a website where i can buy one or does anyone know if i can just paint over the stock one...please help thanks!!

Old 01-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Default RE: Middle taillight question

You could probably just paint it if you got the right kind of paint.

Old 01-05-2005, 07:52 PM

Personally, I would have it wrapped in the ultra-flexible vinyl. If you go to any vinyl shop, they will know what you are talking about. I was going to do this to my 3000gt headlights because the plastic on the outside is breaking down, and my headlight assy. costs $780 for a new one, but I never got around to it yet and I just buff my headlight every 2 weeks.

Old 01-05-2005, 07:53 PM

I couldn't find anything aftermarket for that light for my '02. I ended up buying 2 different color vinyl stickers to put over it. One is silver and the other is black and it's cut out to say 'eclipse' when you brake. I have the silver one on now with silver vinyl letters stuck into the grooves of my bumper where it spells out 'mitsubishi' and 'eclipse'. It looks really cool. But otherwise I figured I would have to paint it myself if I wanted something permanent.

Old 01-06-2005, 02:15 AM

That sounds interesting, you have any pics pandiebeer?

Old 01-06-2005, 03:10 PM

You could use a spray can tint called ventshade i think. this guy did it and i think that it looks awesome. link

Old 01-07-2005, 05:22 PM

I haven't taken any yet but when it stops snowing here in Vegas I'll clean my car real nice and take some and put a link up. In my case, I wasn't sure if I was keeping the car or selling it after the warranty is up so I have been really hesitant to do anything to the stock parts. That's another reason why I've gone with stickers. I am at the point now of deciding that she's a keeper and getting my Borla exhaust. I just absolutely love my car and when I try to think of the day I would have to sell her to someone else or trade her in I just don't see it happeneing. She's mine. No one else can have her, ha ha ha.

Old 01-16-2005, 03:12 PM

That guy with the talon was kinda a ricer. That white shift boot was *** ugly and I'm def not a fan of the wing. Seems like he did a pretty good job on most of it though.

Old 01-16-2005, 05:21 PM

yea, that wing makes it look like hes tryin just a little toooo hard, but overall i like it....... just that goddamn wing...... why?

Old 01-22-2005, 08:49 PM

Yea, that was the kicker for me too, I just don't get it.

Quick Reply: Middle taillight question