@ evo owners + evo lovers

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 11:56 PM
Default @ evo owners + evo lovers

this random thought is directed toward evo owners and people who just love those cars.

so a few hours ago, i decided to drive up and down this well known highway (if your in central jersey, its rt18) where alot of tuner kids and their mom's cars enjoy light to light racing.

as i was entering a u-turn to drive the route my third time, i noticed an HID'd car behind me ...
"must be a luxury car" i told myself. but then i noticed how small those lights were and the lisence plate near the right headlight. OMG. that must be an evo.

so i make an ignorant BOV noise. he flashes me. as soon as we hit a straight away, we floor it. we were already going at least 95 - 100, when all of a sudden he flies by me evading traffic. keep in mind, this road is very busy. alot of commercial stores nearby.

and my eyes widened after what i just saw...

the evo was going left and right evading traffic as well as picking up speed swiftly and gracefully all at the same time.
i knew i had no chance by the time he was almost 5 car lengths ahead of me and i was already going 110, but i did keep up for a while until he decided to play checkers and dodge traffic.

i just wanted to comment and ask you evo owners ... is the manueverability of the car THAT amazing? please share your optimistic and negative comments about your evo ... after what i saw tonight ... makes me wanna get my own.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:20 AM
Default RE: @ evo owners + evo lovers

Stock Evo handling far out does any eclipses. And it will prob out do alot of modded suspension eclipses. this story makes me mad kind of though. sound like he was a tool and prob will wreck the car.

The handling of the car is truly amazing and if you test drive one with intent to possibly buy after one simple 5 min test drive youll take the car home I garentee thats what I did. and the car to drive it is like a go kart super super responsive and pulls hard and take awsome to mods

Old 05-27-2007, 04:24 PM

Yeah the car is really impressive. However, that's stupid of the kid, traffic changes, and any small change in direction will cause a crash to that poor evo since he's going so fast that he'll notice someone cut infront of him and in a second... BOOM.

i know it's FUN to race, but you have to think about the security of the other drivers and people. Theres a branch-city only 10 miles down from where I'm at, and people love to race there, bad thing is that the streets are hardly lit up by street post-lights that people cross the streets and you cant see them, all of a sudden you see a walking shadow infront of you and you slam the breaks. Those are the type of accidents that you have to take care of.

P.S.

Ricing out an Evo with LED lights n **** is a shame and disgrace to all EVO lovers and drivers.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:10 PM

thats one thing i avoided imediatly. (spell check)

it was clear when we went for it. but as soon as i saw the evo's amazing manueverability, i backed off.

it was awesome, but dangerous. if something happened, i dont want that in my conscious...

Old 06-01-2007, 09:28 AM

street racing on a busy street is dumb no matter who you are and what you drive.

i'v driven an EVO VIII several times and take Emonz's word for it that the suspension is literaly out of this world. it's like turning you body it's so responsive!!!! simply second to none.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:39 AM

tard****s....we refer to people like that around here as looptards....this is becouse they race from stoplight to stoplight on the business loop and act like typical ricers. glad your still alive.