2003 lancer after 3 years in storage

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 07:08 AM
Default 2003 lancer after 3 years in storage

after 3 years I took my lancer out of mothballs, first problem is the fuel pump. I have no power to it and I checked all the relays and fuses, I put power to it direct from the battery but got nothing so I figure the pump is clogged or just frozen, so I installed a new one. tested the new as I did the old one and it worked so in it when. the engine starts with starter spray into the troller body but shuts off as soon as the vapors are gone, so the know the engine is sound. what else can I test or try to figure out the cause of this problem. the car ran fine and never had a problem with it before mothballing it.

any suggestions will help.

thank you

Old 07-17-2014, 06:10 AM

Well almost a month since I posted this problem and requested help from the members of this forum and a total of 31 viewers read it and didn't offer a single hint or suggestion to help out. It seen like a good idea to ask others for help but I guess the old saying applys to this suggest, (YOU GET NOTHING FOR NOTHING). so what's the point in having a forum like this???????????

Old 07-17-2014, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

First off, people don't tend to answer if they don't have an idea what the problem is. They also tend to answer quicker if you post in the vehicle specific instead of general. Some Lancer people may not bother with the Gen section.

Now onward to the problem. Sitting for 3 years. Fresh fuel put in tank? Lines cleaned or at least checked to be clear from pump to fuel rail? Replace fuel filter in line? Check the fuel rail for fuel pressure? Fuel pump works BUT has it been primed? I.E. Turn the key to the on position wait a couple of seconds then turn it of then to the on position (NOT the start position BTW) wait a few seconds then turn it back to off again and repeat this process a few times to prime the fuel pump and the line. OR with the pump in take, apply power using a battery to the pump so that it runs until you get fuel in the line.

Truthfully, you've left out so many details that it could be a whole plethora of issues and we need more information before we can seriously troubleshoot the problem.