Bluetooth Mobile Phonebook Import Failed

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Default Bluetooth Mobile Phonebook Import Failed

Hello. I bought a 2012 Outlander Sport a few days ago and after several attempts to import my mobile phonebook, it keeps failing. I follow all the steps, and then it says "Importing..." for about 20-30 seconds, followed by "Import Failed."

I have a Droid X with 401 contacts. I believe it says the limit is 1,000 so that is not the issue.

Is anyone else having this problem? Can anyone provide some insight? Hours of internet searches have not helped

Thank you!

Old 03-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Cool Bluetooth phonebook import

I got a 2013 RVR yesterday and I am having similar problem, but without failed message. I try it twice and got the same message, that the import is successful, but when I try to check my Bluetooth contacts, there is nothing. So any command as "call Brian" or similar ends up in an attempt to dial a fictitious number. I have the Blackberry Bold with about 1000 contacts. If I try to create a contact from within the phonebook menu I have no problems in doing it. The number with a name will be created and saved. Is it possible the problem is in my phone?

Old 06-12-2013, 08:48 AM

Same trouble with a galaxy s3. I have managed to get it to read 16 of my phone book contacts. sometimes it will only import 10. I have about 200 contacts. I can register contacts with the vehicles phone book without too much trouble. I have gone through my cell phones contacts deleting any individual without a phone number and dividing any linked contacts. I can't think what else could be preventing this. Outlander is 2012.

Last edited by Jennifersuv; 06-12-2013 at 08:51 AM. Reason: linguistic correction
Old 08-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Post 2011 Outlander GT phone book download from Droid RAZR

I own a 2011 Outlander GT with Bluetooth and also a Motorola DROID RAZR. The phone and the car are synced through Bluetooth using the FUSE system. I had no problems downloading the cell phone book to the Outlander Bluetooth PRIOR to the "Jelly Bean" update. After a recent trip to Colorado, I realized a numer of contacts were new and not installed in FUSE. So I proceeded to erase the old phone book in the Outlander Bluetooth and then tried to download the revised phone book several times with no luck. I then called Verizon tech support and that person had no luck either. We both think that this may be another problem with the "Jelly Bean" update to the Android OS. I just realized that perhaps deleting the old phone recognition on FUSE and then installing new recognition of the Droid on FUSE might then allow me to download the entire phone book. I will let you know what happened.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:46 PM
Banned

Android is the problem.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Smile Re: fix for 2011 Outlander GT phone book download from Droid RAZR

Originally Posted by Steve Kohl
I own a 2011 Outlander GT with Bluetooth and also a Motorola DROID RAZR. The phone and the car are synced through Bluetooth using the FUSE system. I had no problems downloading the cell phone book to the Outlander Bluetooth PRIOR to the "Jelly Bean" update. After a recent trip to Colorado, I realized a numer of contacts were new and not installed in FUSE. So I proceeded to erase the old phone book in the Outlander Bluetooth and then tried to download the revised phone book several times with no luck. I then called Verizon tech support and that person had no luck either. We both think that this may be another problem with the "Jelly Bean" update to the Android OS. I just realized that perhaps deleting the old phone recognition on FUSE and then installing new recognition of the Droid on FUSE might then allow me to download the entire phone book. I will let you know what happened.
Just fixed the problem. When faced with a failed download of the phonebook after updating the Anroid OS (especially to Jelly Bean) one to needs delete the Android OS phone from recognition by your car's Bluetooth device, and then re-pair your Android cell phone with the car's Bluetooth device. I think that the "Jelly Bean" update causes the cell phone not to be recognized by the car's Bluetooth device only for the phonebook download. After uninstalling pairing recognition of the Droid RAZR by my car's Bluetooth device, I then re-paired the phone with the car's Bluetooth device and then successfully transferred the phone book from the phone to the car's Bluetooth device.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:09 AM
Default downloading contacts from an S3

Originally Posted by Sebba
Android is the problem.
Well if Android is the problem is it fixable w/o getting an i-phone? My non sync problems occurred with no intervening android update. However there was an android update yesterday so I will try syncing again and if that fails I will unpair and re-pair. Not too hopeful but you never know. The car has also just been in for an electronics recall and update and that might have miraculously solved the problem too. I will post results.

Oh and by the way when I do download the contacts ie all 20 or so of 200 the message is that import was successfull! Its a pity 10% on exam papers isnt success!

Last edited by Jennifersuv; 08-22-2013 at 04:12 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Default I have the same issue..

I have the sam issue since I tried with an iPhone 4s and with a 5s and still it said the importing and then it says it failed. This has to be a Mitsubishi-Fuse issue.
I haven't taken my car for service yet, I hope that they can fix it.
Has anyone figured out a workaround?
Thank you
Mario

Old 04-20-2014, 03:43 AM

Hi,

Joined to thank a poster (Steve Kohl....See Link Below) for his advice on importing contacts from an Android phone, via Bluetooth.

Paired my Galaxy Nexus and two days later(before I import the contacts) the Nexus gets a system update, from 4.2.1 to 4.3.

Tried to import "all contacts" from the Nexus to the mobile phonebook in the ASX, and get an "Import Failed." message.

As per Steve Kohl's advice, I unpaired the Galaxy Nexus, turned off the ignition of the ASX and turned the Nexus off.

Restarted the Nexus and then Paired the Nexus via Bluetooth to the ASX and then "Hey Presto" the "Import All Contacts" procedure then worked,
took all of six seconds to complete the import.

A big THANKS

P.S. Have acquired "Neoprene" front seat covers including the Arm Rest cover from original equipment manufacturer in Dandelong Vic, very competitive price.

Will post more details and help later.

Gazza.

Bluetooth Mobile Phonebook Import Failed

Last edited by machine; 04-20-2014 at 03:49 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sebba
Android is the problem.
No, Android is not the problem.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Mobile Phonebook Import Failed