dont hate ricers.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 03:00 AM
Default dont hate ricers.

we really shouldnt.

there was a drag/show/drift competition at raceway park today and there were alot of ricers. i mean ... it should have been named "honda day".

there was so much crap in every car, i didnt bother taking pictures .... that and i didnt have batteries .... oh, and i forgot my camera at home ...

but thats besides the point ... i realized that we shouldnt degrade ricers, we should praise them for the ***** they have to attract peace keepers and law makers. if there were less ricers in the world, most of the attention would be directed toward people who spend 100% of their time building motors.

i believe we should praise ricers and continue to allow them to grow so the cops would leave the real car enthusiasts alone.

thats what i think ... most might disagree. but hey ... take some time to think it through ..

Old 05-07-2007, 03:02 AM
Banned
Default RE: dont hate ricers.

People with bodykits is one thing. People with bodykits and an attitude is a whole different ball game.. and those are the ones i make fun of

Old 05-07-2007, 03:05 AM

thats some good thinking actually...i like it. hell imo a ricer is NOT a car its a personality...a guy can be a ricer in a stock camry if he thinks its fast and gets on it all the time.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:06 AM
Banned

Search the forums for ricer attitude and every time ricers have been brought up i have said just that.

Finally someone that agrees with me

Old 05-07-2007, 03:09 AM

I agree with both of you.

Some... the ricers... are the ones who go talking about how much HP, how fast they can go, and how many races they've won... blah blah blah.. those r the ones that bug me. but the other ricers, the ones i dont call ricers... are tight. speaking of that... tonight (9:40 pm pst) i was driving home on the freeway and i see a riced out car speeding up on the other line next to me... (freeway was pretty much empty) and he starts speeding up a little bit more. (His car was an Acura... one of the newer models, had a spoiler lol) and thought he was pretty cool. I let him get about 6 car distances away from me and thats when i just hit the pedal and hit 100 from 65 really quick and just flew past him, and yes, he was trying. lol. he just quit and got into my lane, and slowed down.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:11 AM

well if you stop to think about it...there is a guy named andrew and i know who ownes a 400fwhp 3rd gen with altezzas and he wants a body kit for it...but his car is still badass and he never gets on it so he isnt a ricer. I know another guy with a 390whp 2g dsm with altezzas as well and he sure as hell isnt a ricer either...so it really is all about attitude.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:27 AM
Banned

Personally, dyno sheets and drag times are bragging rights.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:40 AM

By attitude ricers are braggers... talk about hp, races won, how they are quite invincible.... car enthusiasts, real tuners, dsmers will always talk about how each others ride is so nice and talk about ACTUAL issues with their cars... thats something i noticed... a ricer will never admit a weakness or an issue with his car, even if the effing engine is filthy with dried up oil and dirt from several months

Old 05-07-2007, 09:16 AM

Exactly...ricer is an attitude, not a car. Show me a done-up Honda with a respectful, friendly driver, and I can have a good conversation. Show me a "ricer", and all he'll get from me is anger, frustration, and a challenge to prove his so-called "unbeatable" ride.

Just out of curiosity, how is it good for the cop scene? Up here since F&F happend and everyone got a Civic, cops'll pull anyone over and have the worst possible attitude. I got pulled over and called, and I quote, a "f!#$%ing retard" to my face by a cop. They'll pull over anything up here that remotely looks fast for the most bogus reason. I had a friend pulled over who had just a front lip on and tail lights, but was going the limit. His ticket? 51 MpH in a 50 zone.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:24 AM

I love ricers I say it all the time. they are great entertainment. Like the local kid in town with a riced out SUNFIRE he actually ddyno'd.. he was talking to keith who was in his RX7 like oh h much HP is this thing. kieth was like I dont know. HE goes well my car over there put down 162hat aint bad with my mods. Keith lughedi n his face you said you actually waisted time and money to dyno that POS? the kid was so affended by it too it makes me laugh constantly

Quick Reply: dont hate ricers.