EVO parts on ES?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 03:20 AM
Default EVO parts on ES?

Is it safe to assume that parts that are sold saying Lancer EVO can go on the ES model or not. All the parts that I have looked up so far all mention that they are for the EVO and almost nothing mentioning (specifically) for the ES model, is there that great of a difference between the model types? I bought the base model so it will allow me the greatest room of improvement, I am hopein that was a good idea or did I screw my self? :/

Old 04-23-2006, 09:13 AM
Default RE: EVO parts on ES?

oh boy ...in easy terms here the EVO is not ven a Lancer even though its called a lancer. Every thing on the car is different from all other lancers. so no you cant use EVO parts, and for a build up a ES will never get the potencial of the EVO it wont come close you will have trouble making an ES as powerfull as the stock EVO and it will never handle as good or get the traction of the AWD car.

the EVO is 276Horsepower Turbo 4G63 AWD

Old 04-24-2006, 12:25 AM

That all makes sense, But are you also talking about the engine compartment as well. I mean are all the size specs the same, cause eventually I am planning on ripping out the ES engine and loading an EVO engine, trany and all, basically a total monster overhaul. The bottom line though is until, if I can, complete the monster overhaul i screwed myself? :/

Old 04-24-2006, 12:56 AM

I am pretty sure it wont fit. other wise the non turbo lancers whould never just buy a turbo kit when they can buy a better motor that is turbo instead

Old 04-24-2006, 02:42 AM

alright cool, ok next question, besides engine work will anything else designed with the EVO name on the tag fit the ES. I know theres no real point unless I really can overhaul the entire engine and trany and make a complete system, but will the things like kits, lights, hootds, etc fit the ES?

Old 04-28-2006, 01:11 PM

As far as body-kits, lights, hoods, etc, they won't fit either. Just as EMonz57 said the Evo is its own car. The Evolution is not really a lancer although it shares the name and some basic components such as the interior. The interior is pretty much the similar so maybe Evo seats and small interior components could be shared. Othe than that nothing else would fit, the Evolution has a different shape/frame so hoods and light won't fit the ES. However, you could buy hoods and body kits to give your ES the Evo look though. I was in your shoes once. I bought an OZ rally and planned on turning it to an Evo. I later got some sense knocked into me and traded in for a brand new Evo. If you want to spend some money to get your ES performance somewhat close to a stock Evo, ROAD//RACE MOTORSPORTS provides some turbo kits. Roadrace might be the best route for a Lancer ES.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:31 PM

look on the bright side of all this...you can turbo your car and mod the hell out of it. The insurance company still only sees an ES. You are probably paying half of what the EVO costs for insurance. RRM has some nice turbo setups, have not been in their ES car, but rode in their RA lancer which was turbo and it was damn quick. Good luck on the venture.

Old 04-28-2006, 03:54 PM

Hey man I found out today my insurence for my 03 EVO is goin to be only $868 a year, before in Florida I was paying $3600 a year. Im saving ALOT of monry

Old 04-29-2006, 03:27 PM

Insurance is like real estate.... location, location, location. I'm sure Florida has a much higher theft rate...besides, all those retirees can't drive woth a damn either.
$868 for a YEAR though???? That sounds extremely low. On my car I pay $1028/ year full coverage. i know CA is more expensive than MA, but damn, not that much. You sure that's not a six month quote?

Old 04-29-2006, 06:59 PM

When I had my 04 OZ rally lancer I paid 150 a month for full coverage with Geico, was also 20 years old. When I got the 05 Evo, insurance went up to 170 a month, after my first ticket, yeah you could imagine, went up to like 300 a month.

Quick Reply: EVO parts on ES?