evo or sti

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Default evo or sti

im looking to get a evo or and sti wich one would you think is a better choice i talk to some people they say sti and others say evo and i dont know what one i should get

Old 06-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: evo or sti

Well the evo as the stronger engine than the sti and as far as i understand, it is more reliable. Also they take alot better to mods. Maybe im just bias, but i think the evo is a much better car.

Old 06-25-2006, 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

Well the evo as the stronger engine than the sti and as far as i understand, it is more reliable. Also they take alot better to mods. Maybe im just bias, but i think the evo is a much better car.
The STi motor is weaker it only can make around 400HP before it cracks the piston ringlands, the EVO motor can make aboiut 500 without problems

without re typeing everything about them I will just paiste all the threads we have had this discusion in

https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_30842/tm.htm

https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_20409/tm.htm

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...cc_sti_vs_evo/

read through that. Bottom line stock for stock (EVo VIII and STi) the STi is faster but the EVO is better at cornering and launching and every test drive report comes out saying EVO is by far more fun to drive. I personally met a guy who had a modded STi I met him at a mitsu dealer as he was walking out he just traded in his STi for a new EVO IX I asked why he said he drove his friends VIII and had to have one

Old 06-25-2006, 02:55 PM

personally i think the sti is uglier than hell but thats just me...arent they more expensive than the evo too???

Old 06-25-2006, 04:28 PM

yes, by about $2000. With that extra cash you can make up for the little bit of speed advantage the STi holds over the EVO. BTW, these comparisons are from the EVO VIII, not the IX. I think the IX's are closer to the STi's performance than the VIII's.

Old 06-25-2006, 05:36 PM

ORIGINAL: dirtwagon

yes, by about $2000. With that extra cash you can make up for the little bit of speed advantage the STi holds over the EVO. BTW, these comparisons are from the EVO VIII, not the IX. I think the IX's are closer to the STi's performance than the VIII's.
IX is faster than the STi

The 2005 VIIIs were changed from the 03/04 to compaire better to the power and times as the STi. The 05 VIII is about the same in the 1/4

Old 06-25-2006, 07:24 PM

Fueled by Emonz's statement, I decided I'd find a little light reading. This is a nice comprehensive comparison of the EVO IX and STi.click me to read

Old 06-25-2006, 08:01 PM

As an owner of an Evo IX I can say you'll have no regrets buying an Evo. However, I can't disrespect the Sti either. It has almost equal performance to the Evo IX and couldn't be considered a bad choice. If you're looking for a hard core car specifically for driving fast n fun buy the Evo IX. If you want some comfort level in the car I would get the Sti. Since I have an Evo I "have" to say Evo's are better though than Sti's....

Old 06-26-2006, 03:41 AM

id prefer the STI over the evo, well what would u expect at a mitsubishi forum site der most are gunna go for the evo, but they do offer good points, but over all
i prefer the STI, i think it looks more agressive with the front headlights and the awesome lookin hood scoop
plus i like the STI wheels morea
also, the STI cabin i think looks hella more sportier
my 2 cents

daniel

Old 06-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: superinflamo

id prefer the STI over the evo, well what would u expect at a mitsubishi forum site der most are gunna go for the evo, but they do offer good points, but over all
i prefer the STI, i think it looks more agressive with the front headlights and the awesome lookin hood scoop
plus i like the STI wheels morea
also, the STI cabin i think looks hella more sportier
my 2 cents

daniel
thats all looks though. I agree that the rims are nicer and the hood looks agressive. But for overall performance the evo wins

Quick Reply: evo or sti