gsx or gst??

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 11:52 PM
Default gsx or gst??

hey i dont have the money yet but im lookin into a 99 eclipse lol ive always leaned toward the gsx and now that i got a job im looking farther into buying one....a few people said that teh gsx is heavier due to the awd and it has a little more drivetrain loss i think it was....in your opinions what do u think would be a better car for just racing because i know i am going to put some mods on this one.....but i just need your guys' opinions because i know some of you own them thx for comments....ive also heard that gsx's are faster but they are more on teh expensive side....i am willing to spend around 9 thousand does anyone know where i might be able to get one cheaper??

Old 06-05-2005, 12:44 AM
Default RE: gsx or gst??

Well as always when racing, Power is no good without traction. With a GST you are limited to around 350 hp to the wheels with proper modification to drive train before you just can't grip. With the GSX you can overcome the weight with power not to mention the far superior launches at your disposal because the car just claws it's way up to speed. If you only have 9G good luck finding a 99 that isn't thrashed. Either get an older model or save your cash a little longer. GSX is worth the wait.

Old 06-10-2005, 12:31 AM

ya i figured 9 probally isnt enough i just got to wait for the money to come up...but in the mean time i have decided 2 get teh 99 gsx and i was looking around and came across www.cheapcarfinder.com and i was thinking about trying it out.....they say for 35 bucks its lifetime registration...and if u dont find the car you want its a moneyback guarantee...also u can bid online and have the car shipped to you(of course for a fee) but you can inspect it and then say if you want to buy it or not.....idk it seems smart to mee but i am just wondering what you guys think about it

Old 06-29-2005, 04:24 AM

I'm a member of cheap car finder... its nothing great.. for the most part it just tells you auction dates and ****... and every once in a while youll find a car you can bid on online

Old 07-02-2005, 06:12 PM

yeah man i would definetly go with the gsx im thinkin bout gettin one myself

Old 08-07-2005, 01:36 AM

ORIGINAL: FireDoc

Well as always when racing, Power is no good without traction. With a GST you are limited to around 350 hp to the wheels with proper modification to drive train before you just can't grip. With the GSX you can overcome the weight with power not to mention the far superior launches at your disposal because the car just claws it's way up to speed. If you only have 9G good luck finding a 99 that isn't thrashed. Either get an older model or save your cash a little longer. GSX is worth the wait.
Just wondering i was looking into getting a 97 gs-t very soon, and if you have that much horse power under the hood, are the launch's going to be that inferior to the gsx? or is the gsx really going to stomp a gs-t

Old 08-07-2005, 01:52 AM

Hey,

Just thought of a question with this list of mods, which car would run better a gsx or gs-t, and which car would handle better in the snow and ice?

Greddy Electronic Boost Controller
Greddy Intercooler pipe Kit
Greddy Blow Off Value
Greddy Turbo Timer
K&N (FIPK)
Greddy Grex Front Strut Tower Bar
Greddy Evo2 exhaust
8.5mm Magnacor plug wires
HKS Intercooler
MSD blaster

Old 08-08-2005, 05:22 PM

gsx offcourse...

Old 08-09-2005, 09:47 PM

So the gsx is really that much better?

Old 08-10-2005, 12:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Stealth691

So the gsx is really that much better?
turbocharge, awd....hmmm compare to gst.

Quick Reply: gsx or gst??