Help with, 'Idle Speed Air Flow Sensor'.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:21 PM
Default Help with, 'Idle Speed Air Flow Sensor'.

I have a '97 Eclipse GST 2.0 Ltr Turbo five speed and it seems the, 'Idle Speed Air Flow Sensor', is faulty and causes the check engine light to come on. After three attempt at correcting it by running 1.5 bottles of Sea Foam FSC through the engine, so far, and using High test Chevron gas in the last tank the dreaded check engine light came on for the third time but only after driving for about 270 miles with it off??

Can anyone offer some help on how to correct this situation? Or do I need to replace it?

Your help is appreciated,

David

Last edited by CGSTguy; 03-10-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:08 PM

I have the 2002 model I just bought , I have check engine light now after driving it home. codes are for all 4 o2 sensors,Idle control motor, and they told me I need o replace the whole throttle body assembly. I took It to brakes plus here in frisco tx. they had the cheapest labor. They gave me a total of $2200 to fix the real problem which is the throttle body assembly and Idle control motor. I need some input as where I can get this done cheaper or where I may be able to buy new parts myself and do it or any less expensive direction would help thanks.
Edit/Delete Message

Old 03-17-2015, 08:40 PM

I may have used the wrong name in attempting to describe the part I'm referring to, it's an, 'Idle Air Control Valve'.

It seems that the problem is that it won't maintain the same positioning so the idle always returns to the same speed/position, although it seems like it returns in most cases to close to the same point although I have seen it vary slightly but as I was running some fuel system cleaner through the engine I figured it was at least partially due to that..? If any of you can offer any further help it would be appreciated.

Say Bic, That seems like one heck of a price for the throttle body even including labor to replace it. Did you check with the guys at a NAPA Store about the cost of the part as well as the cost of a whole throttle body, maybe even a rebuilt one if such a thing is available?

Old 03-18-2015, 06:23 PM
Default Throttle body

Yes that is a insane price. I found throttle bodies on ebay and new for $68-$400 Mikuni throttle body. I am just trying to find a rebuild kit now or should I just go o autozone and buy a gasket kit? If this dont work I am just going to replace the O2 sensors and idle control motor. Is this a common problem with Montero limited's ?

Old 03-19-2015, 05:20 PM
Default Closing this thread down.

Say Bic, I'm going to shut this thread down soon so you need to move your posts to your own thread. I started this thread using the wrong info as I wasn't sure what the part I was referring to was actually called.

I only commented to you about the price but am in the dark about most of what your asking. So take head if you want your posts to continue to be read.