I am surprised...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 04:56 AM
Default I am surprised...

I just did a search on the center in dash speaker and only got I worthless hit. Come on now I have that stupid speaker blow and just rattle on 2 3Gs so I know someone else has had this problem? Please help etiher I want to un hook or replace with better speaker.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:13 AM
Default RE: I am surprised...

Original post:fizz

The speaker size for the center speaker is 3.5'. I blew my center speaker about a week ago and I found that the easiest way to pull that piece of the dash off was to pull and get your fingers on the back of the piece and then pull. You pretty much just have to use a moderate strength to pull it out.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:34 AM

Wait? On a 3G?? DOnt just pull it like that, youll snap a bunch of ****... Who wrote that up??
Remove the stereo bezel, there will be two brassscrews, undo them and pull the ctr spkr grill up and toward you itll pop out relatively easy. The speaker IS a 3.5, but is semi useless IMO. I replaced mine with a focal audio recently... but cant say I notice a difference with or without it.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:24 AM

pulling is never a good idea...i did it to m =y montero and almost tore out every thing under the dash