i hope this link works , let me know your opinionon thi car

Old 08-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Default i hope this link works , let me know your opinionon thi car

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...s=&cardist=775 is this a good deal for this car (all stock)???????????

Old 08-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: i hope this link works , let me know your opinionon thi car

even though that mileage is amazingly low. The price is still a bit high. The most you should pay is between 7500-8000. But that is at the absolute most.

Old 08-16-2006, 05:14 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

even though that mileage is amazingly low. The price is still a bit high. The most you should pay is between 7500-8000. But that is at the absolute most.
i see on kelly bluebook 7500 in excellant is highbook retail, but man these kind of car are hard to come by and alot of time u dont know what u are getting. the plus side for me is that its all stock. im really not in to "pimpin" it out ,if that is the right word for it . im just goin to add thing that will make the car last a long time. very minor upgrades. thanks for your input butch.

Old 08-16-2006, 06:33 PM

yeah thats a little pricey buuuuuuut that IS incredibly low mileage. I doubt youll ever find one with fewer miles.

Old 08-16-2006, 08:45 PM

If i had one with that low miles I would ask more than that...KBB is a GUIDE..thats all. If you are looking for noe of those and you like the car...jump on it...but beware crank walk!!!!

Old 08-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

i dont think he'll need to worry about crankwalk for a while with those miles. And basically if hes ownes it for a while and takes cares of it he wont need to worry either. As far as the "pimping" we like to refer to it as tuning.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:11 PM

crank walk???? sorry i dont understand.

ORIGINAL: Michaels_RT

If i had one with that low miles I would ask more than that...KBB is a GUIDE..thats all. If you are looking for noe of those and you like the car...jump on it...but beware crank walk!!!!

Old 08-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

Crankwalk is a problem that alot of 2g elipse/talon turbos have in which the main bearings begin to fail and have some play on them allowing the crank to have some movement. Go to magnusmotorsports and they have a great writeup on it. But most of the time you will see this occuring over 100,000 miles unless the car was totally beat to ****. And that car being stock i doubt you will have that problem. So its nothing to worry about for now, but something to keep in mind.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:20 PM

lol "tuning" thats the word i was looking for couldn't think of it and no im not looking to tune it up but i will be looking to use the best products out there for preventable maintance.so i will be posting alot after i get the car. such as the best oil air filters and things i can do to make the car last as long as possible.
ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

i dont think he'll need to worry about crankwalk for a while with those miles. And basically if hes ownes it for a while and takes cares of it he wont need to worry either. As far as the "pimping" we like to refer to it as tuning.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

For parts, the manufacturers factory parts are always the best way to go, you will pay more, but like they say "you get what you pay for" Some of the first things to do when you first get the car is obviously the oil change. Ive always liked synthetics for that. Then air filter and spark plugs. After that i cant really think of any general stuff to de besides a timing belt at 60,000. Is the car an auto or manual?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: i hope this link works , let me know your opinionon thi car