little turbo tip (kinda)

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 07:52 PM
Default little turbo tip (kinda)

heres a little somethin that my friend and i came up with on a boring southern maryland saturday...
he drives a brand new VW GTI 1.8t and we were playin around with his windshield wipers (he wants to make the back of his car look "clean and smooth") so we took his back windshield wiper off and switched the hoses under the hood (originally if you pull back on the lever the front wipers would spray and just the opposite if you pushed them forward) now its backwards if you will. we then took the hose that runs the fluid to the windshield and pointed it at his intercooler after filling his reservoir with ice and toppin it off with cold water. Kinda makes the intercooler alot colder!! its not much but you can actually feel it i will attest to that. just somethin i found interesting (and very cheap because it s FREE) and wanted to share. not sure if its that easy on a mitsubishi (i dont have a turbo [&o] )

FYI there was a hole in back window after removing the windhield wiper and compnents, easily filled with a plug found at the local auto parts store....but more fun to run the hose through the plug and spray a six foot stream of water on the poor bastard that gets too close to your car at a light (i.e ME!! i'll never get behind his car again)

i hope it helps and would love to be informed of any attempts (failed or not)

Old 10-16-2004, 08:06 PM
Default RE: little turbo tip (kinda)

sounds interesting......... wish i had somethin like that sprayer to get the person behind you on my car...............

Old 10-16-2004, 09:37 PM

yea that would be awesome
im sure its possible but im not too keen on the idea of (a) not havin a back windshield wiper (b) possibly having to drill a hole somewhere just so i can soak someone

*sigh* guess i'll just go buy a water gun, not quite the same effect but at least someones gettin soaked!

Old 10-16-2004, 09:46 PM

hehe, yea, just mount it on the drivers door and when someones to close reach out the window and soak em, better yet fill it with oil, hahahaha..........

Old 10-16-2004, 10:15 PM

haha
thats what was kewl about havin my mustang..someone got too close...i would rev the engine and oil would just fly outta the tailpipes!!
needless to say the stang is dead...RIP..
not quite the same power (at all) but man i love the gas mileage and the comfort of leather!!
im definitely going to start workin on the sprayer for my eclipse...see what i come up with (prolly just a broken rear window, rear wiper, etc..)

Old 10-16-2004, 10:22 PM

ok, so thats 3 of us now who went from stang to eclipse, this is kinda weird, whats with everyone goin from ford to mitsu (besides the obvious trash talk)............. i gotta start a poll on this now...........

Old 10-18-2004, 02:45 PM

That's what i was thinking! somewhere else on this forum there's like a billion of you guys that had mustangs and then got eclipses later WTF?

Old 10-19-2004, 02:09 PM

dunno, they just run better, and with a little work they got a lot more potential than the stang, just a fact of life............... but man i miss my stang sometimes, i would smoke big block chevys in it all day long...............

Old 10-19-2004, 03:58 PM

JoJo, thanks for the tip on the intercooler sprayer! The motor burned out in my rear wiper so I may have to find a way to run the water hose to my intercooler, see if it will give me a little more boost!

Old 10-22-2004, 08:14 PM

i still do own mustangs but ive had a crush on the 99 eclipse (and the girl i bought it from) ever since i saw it. theyre sporty, comfortable, economical, and look hot! as for the mustang though (i apologize ahead of time, i know im gonna catch **** for this one) there is no replacement for displacement. i know you can turbo an eclipse and build it up to beat the crap out of a 5.0 but for much less then half the price you can twin turbo a 5.0 out of two turbos from the old thunderbird coupes. i am NOT bad mouthing eclipses in way shape or form, i drool all over mine all the time, but ive never seen an eclipse lift the front tires off the ground.
once again - not bad mouting eclipses, dont wanna start trouble but i do have a long lived passion for mustangs...hopin it will share with the eclipse

peace love and laughter

Quick Reply: little turbo tip (kinda)