Mitsubishi parts ridiculously overpriced in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 08:00 AM
Default Mitsubishi parts ridiculously overpriced in Canada

Dont get me wrong, overall I am pleased with my Mitsubishi Outlander. Except for the gas milage, it performs well. However, recently we had a minor accident which required replacement of one of the rear lights. I searched on line and found this light in the USA for $234 USD. When I checked my local Mitsubishi dealer, I was quoted a price of $434 CAD. When I talked to my local parts manager about the hugh difference in price in spite of the Canadian dollar being within 10% of the U.S dollar , his answer was that Mitsubishi does not have a parts warehouse in Canada and so parts are shipped from California and prices are dictated by U.S operations. He said prices will come down when Mitsubishi Canada gets its own parts distribution warehouse in Canada. Now, I dont get it. How long have Mitsubishi been in Canada ? They have been here over five years but they have'nt built a parts distribution centre here as yet ? Instead we must pay exhorbant prices for replacement parts on vehicles that have high depreciation values. My other car is a BMW and I find the price of parts more reasonable than Mitsubishi, believe it or not. bottom line is this is something to consider when purchasing these cars. They may look like an attractive buy, but find out how much replacement parts cost before you sign on the dotted line.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:09 PM

I had to get a replacement lights and for both left and right rear lights, I only paid $300 usd for both oem lights, but I do live in the usa I'm just saying that your post can apply to canadian residents but to the usa residents go ahead and sign the dotted line you'll be glad you did.