My new Mitsubishi is awful..anyone had same

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 06:50 AM
Default My new Mitsubishi is awful..anyone had same

I purchased a brand new Shogun (my third in fact) in September 2003 at a cost of £32,500.00. It has been plagued with problems since purchase. I have been complaining first verbally and then in writng to the Managing Director of Mitsubishi UK & then through lack of resolution to the CEO in Japan, who has not bothered to respond to either of my letters sent to Japan even though I know he received at least one of them as my husband was told this by Mitsubishi UK. The paintwork is bad, leather inside is faulty, there is strange engine noise, pinking, the car has had to be recovered due to a suspected drive line problem, the alarm doesnt work properly, titanium has a nick out of it, bonnet was out of alignment, cigarette lighter doesn't work etc etc, the list is just too long to mention.

The car got broken into last year and £4,000 of our belongings were stolen from the boot....the alarm failed to go off. When I told my dealership their response was that 'the alarm probably wouldnt reach the boot'. So why are we told to put our possessions out of sight in the boot if in fact this area is not actually protected. I then had the car inspected by the AA in order to have a totally unbiased report, who did agree with some of my points and also found other issues wrong with this car. They did feel that the paintwork was not of a standard you would expect on a car of this age and was contaminated in places

Mitsubishi dismissed the AA report accepting non of their findings, and had the car inspected themselves and said they could find little wrong with this car, which does not really suprise me as their inspection was carried by their own inspectors, unbiased....I don't thinks so.

I asked Mitsubishi to put in writing that they had not carried out any work on my car other than the inspection while it was with them at Head Office in Cirencester, they did this. When they reported back that there was very little was wrong, they confirmed that the alarm was working properly. Since that time the alarm has gone off on its own all the time...sometimes up to ten times a day....and they say they haven't altered anything.

They offered to buy the car back from me approximately six months ago at what was they said market value of £25,000 a £7500 depreciation in 12months, they then revised this figure to £26,000 the following day....I take it my car hard gone up in value over night. They said they were not prepared to refund me the £32,500.00 plus the loan interest (again a Mitsubishi loan), and the other expenses on this vehicle, as I had had use of the car for a year. As I pointed out that had they dealt with these issues promptly in the beginning they would have had the vehicle back then. They also tried to blame many of the problems on wear & tear of the vehicle saying that it was due to the age / mileage I had done. As I again pointed out to them many of the problems occurred within the first few months, some prior to it leaving the garage, when there was virtually no mileage on the clock. The cigarette lighter didnt work properly from the day I drove out of the garage, my dealer said it looked as though thousands of cigarettes had been lit with it....so who was using my brand new car before me you might ask! Mitsubishi offered to repair three items on the list as full and final settlement, I had to refuse temporarily in order not to jeopodize my position if further problems arose and I did not want to accept any repairs until this matter was resolved. I also did not see why I should pay so much money for a new car only to have it repaired, I might as well have saved the money and bought a second hand one.

One final point, I have been waiting for seven years now for warranty replacement items for my old Shogun and they still haven't carried out the work, again the same delearship. I have spent in excess of £75,000 with this one garage...and this is how you get treated.

I am sure that I am not the only one with problems and the alarm issue, with alarms not reaching boots is a real concern.

Please I do hope you can help me on this and stop these dealers and manufacturers treating customers this way. Why can they not accept that not every vehichle coming off the production line is perfect...there can still be a bad car off the line

If anyone else has had similar problems particularly in the UK please feel free to PM me[sm=smiley7.gif]

Old 04-13-2005, 11:07 PM
Default RE: My new Mitsubishi is awful..anyone had same

well, I can't say that I have...[8D]

Old 04-15-2005, 02:51 PM
Default RE: My new Mitsubishi is awful..anyone had same

if that car was brand new they shouldve replaced everything that was wrong right away, but if it had that many problems for being brand new and the dealer wouldnt do anything about it, why did you even keep the car?? you cant drive a car for a full year and expect to get exactly what you paid for it back, you shouldve gotten right of it right away I would never accept so many wrong things on a new car...