My Special Dream Car!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Smile My Special Dream Car!

Just wanted everyone to know the story behind my Eclipse GT....
My aunt was dying of cancer a few years ago & all she kept saying at the time was she wanted me & my cousin to have a car from her of our choice,we were both 16.I was excited to have my own car but I just wished the conditions were different,so she made our parents promise to get both of us a car,I have always liked the Eclipse & my mom had a Montero Sport when I was younger so I knew a little bit about Mitsubishi.My dad kept telling me when I looked at cars NO mustang because of safety reasons,but he always said I want you safe & i'm not being mean I know it was suppost to be a car of your choice.So I knew that the Eclipse was not an option,I kept looking & I didn't like other cars because my heart was set on an Eclipse & I just gave up & said I don't really want a car right now,everyone was like WHAT your 16 don't you want a car!? So finally my dad gave in & I got my Eclipse.my cousin got a Volvo & since then she hasn't talked to me much because I got the cuter & sportier car.Haha! it does upset me at times but then I think SHE chose that car,it WAS our choice of cars.I love my Eclipse & i'm super careful in it because if it wasn't for my aunt I wouldn't have my DREAM CAR,I just hate that I got it because of her death.I've had my car a while & haven't thought about getting another one,I probably won't i'll just keep fixing mine because it means alot to me.In Memory of Aunt B.B! I miss you so much.xoxo

Old 04-20-2023, 10:09 AM

I think it's important to cherish the things we have, especially when they have a sentimental value. It's great to hear that you're taking good care of your Eclipse and keeping it in good condition.

Old 04-20-2023, 02:36 PM

Hey, thanks for sharing your story about your special dream car. It's an interesting story, and I'm sorry to hear about your aunt's passing. It's great that she was able to give you and your cousin the gift of a car of your choice, even though the circumstances weren't ideal. Speaking of cars, I recently inherited a car from my deceased uncle, and I need to ship it to my place. I was searching online for car shipping options and came across this thing open carrier car shipping. Have you heard of it? It seems like a good option, but I'm not sure if it's safe for my car. I'm still debating whether to go with an open carrier or a closed carrier option. Anyway, back to your story. It's awesome that you got your dream car, even though it caused a little bit of tension with your cousin.

Last edited by arthyols; 04-25-2023 at 07:51 AM.
Old 02-13-2024, 06:58 PM

I can totally relate to your attachment to your dream car. When I got my first ride, it wasn't just a mode of transportation; it was a symbol of freedom and independence.
And hey, when it comes to taking care of your wheels, you're doing it right. Keeping your Eclipse in top shape is not just about maintaining a machine.
When I needed to ship my own car, I went with A1 Auto Transport. They made the process smooth and hassle-free, just like they did for you. If you ever need to move your Eclipse or any other ride, they're definitely worth checking out at https://www.a1autotransport.com/new-...-car-shipping/

Last edited by practition; 02-16-2024 at 12:45 PM.