Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Default Need Help

I'm looking for a site, i.e. forum, that has people who actually know what they're talking about on it, pertaining to Mitsubishis...Lancers specifically. Your moderator here told me that I could only get about 40hp out of my lancer without dropping in a turbo and it would be expensive as hell....yeah ok....or if someone here happens to know about how much it horsepower and torque i could get by, more or less, rebuilding the engine of a RalliArt Lancer into a race car without dropping a turbo/supercharger in it. I know for a fact you can get at least 250hp to the wheels (i've seen his dyno sheet in the workshop while i was there) but i haven't been able to have contact with him to talk to about what he had done. So any help that you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Default RE: Need Help

ORIGINAL: StEv3nS187

I'm looking for a site, i.e. forum, that has people who actually know what they're talking about on it, pertaining to Mitsubishis...Lancers specifically. Your moderator here told me that I could only get about 40hp out of my lancer without dropping in a turbo and it would be expensive as hell....yeah ok....or if someone here happens to know about how much it horsepower and torque i could get by, more or less, rebuilding the engine of a RalliArt Lancer into a race car without dropping a turbo/supercharger in it. I know for a fact you can get at least 250hp to the wheels (i've seen his dyno sheet in the workshop while i was there) but i haven't been able to have contact with him to talk to about what he had done. So any help that you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
dude your a friggin tool. I told you straight up honestly. I have plenty of mitsu back round on both turbo charged models and N\A cars.. take what I said all your gonna get is the same answers anywhere else. ask slow420A on here he has a N\A eclipse with a whole lot of mods and it is still slow hense the name. It would cost you more to saty N\A and only get your car in the 14s than it would to turbo it keep the stock internals and get into the 13s. its your call there are plenty of us who know exactly what we are talking about and without a turob or SDS or N2o youll be lucky to hit 200WHP without a lot of money end of story.

NOW before you try to call me out do some resarch on your own and you will learn real quick.

Old 01-30-2006, 09:38 PM

Oh and if you read I said 200WHP your car is 160BHP which mean estimate at the crank sooo to the wheels your looking at 120ish

argue that with me if you want too because mitsu as the worst tranny loss out there the 3G eclipse I4 rated at 150hp will only dyno 109WHP. the EVO rated at 276 dynos 248 ect ect. so 120 +80 = 200 80 WHP is quite a bit of a gain but not worth what youll spend to get there.

and if your someone you have seen has got to 250 I bet it was with N2o either that or he has ALOT on money dropped into the car. trust me it isnt cheap other wise people wouldnt bother turboing the car in the first place

well all I was saying is anything more than that you will need alot of money for I.E. pistons cam(s) tuneing ect ect. it is extremely hard to make a 4cyl car hit 200WHP and keeping it N\A. By keeping it N/A N2o is out of question that is a from of FI. so in other words you could get near 200WHP it would be very hard and very expensive.
how is that not understandable???? cam(s) are not a cheap mod pistons and a rebuild is gonna cost you and same with any type of piggy back to tune the mods with and having it tuned on a dyno ......its not cheap.

Old 01-30-2006, 10:58 PM

First let me set it up for you, the 4g64(your motor) and the 420a are very similar for some exceptions. The 420a has a smaller displacment its only a 2.0 compaired to a 2.4 but it only makes 10 hp less. It weighs less, and It has a DOHC compaired to the 4g64's SOHC... I.e. it can flow more air and is a much better choice for a n/a application.

The higest HP n/a 420a that I ever saw was 180BHP, not WHP, BHP! That was with a Rebuild to 10.1 compression ratio pistons. CRane street/strip cams, a 3 angle valve job. Complretly built head, port/polish intake mani, 60mm throttle body, racing plugs, a 4-2-1 hedder, 2.5 non restrictive exaust, and a compleat AEM stand alone unit with a vary aggressive tune, super lean.

figure your car has 160bhp, you would need atleast another 80bhp to attain anything near 200whp.

exaust - cost 500
intake cost 100-200 depending on style
tb - cost 300
udp- cost 80
hedder- cost 400
plugs/wires- cost 120

Thats 1500 bucks, and thats only the cheap crap

Getting into the more expensie stuff

High flow intake mani-700
cams, springs, rockers, retainers, valve seals, adj cam gears- cost 1200
port polish head- 400
motor rebuild w/ high compression pistons- cost 2500
aem stand alone- 1800

Thats 6600 dollars for a built motor thats geared to make n/a power.

Then consider that your going to need someone to dyno tune the motor and install the new motor thats going to cost at the very least 2000.

After that factored in you looking at around 10100 dollars for a N/A motor car that will run a 14.5 in the 1/4 mile.

If you went turbo you could get a stage 2 kit for 3000 dollars, pay someone 800 to install it and make just as much HP, isant that sad?

I am just relaying what I know trying to help you, their is no fesible way to get your car up to 200 whp with out using No2.

Bottom line mike was right, He has forgotten more about motors then you can ever hope to learn, also all he deals with are mitsubishis all day long on here... henc being a mod.

If you dont wnat to believe us then go ahead and spend 1500 on n/a mods and get her dyno tuned and tell us how much hp you make. No better yet sell your car and buy a honduh because every one knows that they can make 500 whp with just an intake and extra cam.

Oh and BTW, no one makes a S/C for the 4g64 or the 420a.

Old 01-30-2006, 11:09 PM

he would have the 4G69 slow...Its is a ralliart lancer we are talking MIVEC I can remember if its a 2.4L or 2.0L though and yeah ripp modds makes an supercharger for the 4G64 just not common I think the same one works on the 4G69 as well

Old 01-30-2006, 11:19 PM
Banned

Hey you know exhaust is like 25hp, intake 15hp, ebay chip 30hp, tornado intake insert 12hp, racing seats 10hp, NOS stickers...easy 15hp. O ya plug wires 15hp.......thats 122hp over stock 160+122=282hp ALMOST 300hp [sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 01-30-2006, 11:22 PM

ORIGINAL: NESpeed

Hey you know exhaust is like 25hp, intake 15hp, ebay chip 30hp, tornado intake insert 12hp, racing seats 10hp, NOS stickers...easy 15hp. O ya plug wires 15hp.......thats 122hp over stock 160+122=282hp ALMOST 300hp [sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 01-31-2006, 12:30 AM

Lmao.. Don't forget pulling your back seats out - 10-15 hp.

hahaha I liked that response ne...

Old 01-31-2006, 01:32 PM

This thread was supposed to try and help him.... but now its just gone down the tubes

Old 01-31-2006, 05:16 PM

Ok i will execpt a mistake on my part with you saying 200whp, i missed that...my bad. However i know that its going to be more expensive to make it all motor, but i want to race in an all motor class dick...so price wasnt my issue. Second, i wasn't "calling you out". I dont doubt you know your **** about mitsu's...you are the moderator, how ever i'm doubting your knowledge on this particular area, thats all. Dont take it personally. I dont know **** about mitsu's really, i raced a toyota supra for 2 years though, i know everything about them. Thing is, i found someone to sponsor me racing in a FWD class - all motor - with a Mitsu of my choice i wanted to try something different by using the ralliart lancer. And i was just quickly hoping to come onto a forum and get a run down of what i was looking at for power. Now I'm going to read the rest of these posts that i haven't read and hope someone can help me. Thanks.
P.S. i'm not trying to be an ******* or anything, so just relax, and i will too.

Quick Reply: Need Help