need an old vid!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 02:46 AM
Default need an old vid!!

i know this has been talked about before but can someone repost that vid on how to program that garage door opener in my car? Thanx!!!

Old 07-02-2007, 05:11 AM
Default Homelink programming

I didn't know there was a vid for the homelink programming. It's really simple. One word of warning.....
DO NOT PARK UNDER THE DOOR'S OPEN/CLOSE PATH OR LEAVE ANYTHING IN THE WAY FOR THAT MATTER BECAUSE THE DOORS WILL OPEN AND CLOSE WHILE CLOSE BY AND PROGRAMMING (duh right? You just wouldn't believe how many idiots there are in this world). It's best if you just unplug the opener or park out of range until you are finished with the programming.

For standard automatic garage door openers (old ones)....
Hold the two outer buttons down until the LED in the center lights up. Next, hold the garage door opener about an inch from the Homelink buttons, press the opener's button and whichever button you would like to use as the new door opener (there should be 3). Once the Homlink's LED stops flashing and gives a solid light, you're done.

If you have a code hopping garage door opener (most newer ones), do the same process but you will have to press the garage door opener button once every second...meaning...press, release, wait one second, press, release, wait one second....repeat this until the LED turns solid. You have to press Homelink's button (of your choice) down until the Homelink gets programmed during the pressing and releasing.
Done. See, simple.
You don't need no stinkin' video!

Old 07-02-2007, 05:46 AM
Default RE: Homelink programming

Hey, I stumbled onto this vid for you. Although, a real man would read what I posted and get it
http://www.homelink.com/training/tra...ideo_bband.swf
The vid uses a slightly different process than what was done with my Homelink, since ours are older and I've programmed mine to 3 garage doors and one gate. The last portion is the rolling code programming for the newer ones I believe, but you can try it and get back with us.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Default RE: Homelink programming

thank you very much!!!! i just could not think of how to do it. i knew i seen a vid thanx again!