need some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Default need some advice...

Throttlebody spacers... Anyone ever use them? need to know if there worth buying.

Also, how big i should go for my exaust pipes & what muffler would be the best.

I drive a Mitsubishi eclipse RS.

Thank you.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Banned
Default RE: need some advice...

For your car, the only thing that will give you power gains, is selling it and getting a GST/GSX.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:48 PM

lol, not true. After all the basic upgrades, Tubro + NOS will do the trick.

I just need to know how big i should go on the piping.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:56 AM

ORIGINAL: EclipseRyd3r

Nooo actually it is true. unless you got about $15k for make the car 'fast' cause most likly after a turbo and "NOS" youll only be just keeping up with the average everyday cars

Old 12-24-2007, 02:30 AM

ORIGINAL: EclipseRyd3r

This is a good one for a quote in the signature. It IS true by the way. Just like Emonz said, its pretty much pointless to try and make a rs fast and your end result wouldn't be anything better than a GS-T that you could have had for thousands less. You cant just slap on a turbo and nitrous and go, its not that simple, especially on a rs. Also what do you consider "basic upgrades"? I hope you mean rebuilding the entire engine to handle the boost and nitrous you plan to throw at it.....
As for you exhaust you want, go ahead and take your pick, it really doesn't matter

Old 12-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Banned

So your willing to spend thousands on nitrous and a turbo kit, and finally when you have 'power' you are going to suffer ZERO traction. When you could have sold it, spent your money on a GSX, and have it be just as fast in stock form as your RS.

Like i said, it really is true.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:26 PM

yeah and i doubt u even thought about upgrading the clutch, so it'll just spin in that clutch casing til it's gone. and yeah you'll be real fast once you get nitrous backfire and all your work is ruined. i'd deff buy a gsx if you wanna spend you money and then sell the rs and put that money into the gsx and you'll be all set. and i got a gs-t with 3 inch piping from the turbo back, so if you wanna go for "big power" get 3 inch piping

Old 12-24-2007, 05:38 PM

Damn guys, give the GS/RS guys a break. Yeah it's gonna cost some $$ to get the 420a to the range of the 4G63T, but it's not a worthless platform to build on. The last 2 99GS that I purchased cost me $1600 both. I spent another $2.5K replacing internals and turboing both. That's $4100 for 2 GS; basically the same price for 1 descent GST and maybe a fair shaped GSX. This is the same reason why guys without the $ are buying the GS platform because they can afford it. For those of us that own the 4G63Tversion, weshould help these guys out by giving them realistic goals and info not by saying, "sell the GS and get a GST, GSX".

Old 12-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Banned

If they can afford to throw the cash at making extra power, they can afford a GST/GSX

Old 12-24-2007, 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

If they can afford to throw the cash at making extra power, they can afford a GST/GSX
I totally agree, I mean you are saying you dumped nearly $7k and what did you get out of it? a 14 sec car maybe 13s? if you spend $4k on a GST or GSX, which you most certainly do because I know a few personally that sold in that range that were friends cars, then take the extra $2-$3k and you know what you got? a 12 sec car and possibly low 12s at that.

NESpeed bought his GSX for $1500, then put $1000 into mods he ran a 12.9 at the track in that car and was clicking averages of 13.1s all day long.

Quick Reply: need some advice...