need some car advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Default need some car advice

Ok, so, before my test drive tomorrow, i need some advice before i make my final decision..

I am almost 16, and i'm going in for my license test soon. I am planning on getting a stock 02' LAncer OZ rally, is there any better cars out there that will give me more bang for my buck, and also it can be any car, i don't have a favorite make, i just REALLY like the lancer OZ, but i have a doubts, so i just want to check with some of you smart guys out there.

Thank you, very much!

-Mitsubishiman123

Old 12-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Banned
Default RE: need some car advice

How much do you have to spend? With that in mind, i can tell you exactly whats out there.

Around 10k, i can find you a fully built300+hp Eclipse GSX. That means you get a brand new race motor that is a lot stronger than stock. New transmission, new clutch, and most importantly, all wheel drive!

Old 12-25-2007, 08:33 PM

ok, i don't really like the looks of a gsx, but if you could find me a link to the car that is around Seattle, WA. that would be great! what year could i find a car like that, are they reliable, good handling, speed, acceleration??

Old 12-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Banned

You dont find the car below at all attractive? Let me know your Zip, and i will get lookin'!

These are 95-99. The ones with the built motor and transmission are very reliable. If they are on the stock motor and transmission they tend to be pretty unrealiable. They handle awesome actually. Because they are all wheel drive you have no traction issues, and they have insane grip. Think of them as baby EVO's. They have the same engine pretty much, and they are all wheel drive too. The only difference is the electronics. The speed is pretty awesome, depending on the mods. Acceleration is also depending on the mods. However, the acceleration on the GSX in the stock form is pretty awesome. I mean, you have 220hp stock, and with 50 bucks you can make that about 245-250 at the crank. Even stock it will make ground beef out of the Lancer.

Once you drive a front wheel drive car for a while, then switch to all wheel drive, you will NEVER want to go back. Also its the same thing with Automatic Vs Manual transmission. Once you can drive a manual, the only time you will want to go back is if you lose a leg! (well, some people with 900hp cars dont like a stick because the high pressure clutches are really stiff)

So, a LOT more fun than a Lancer : )

[IMG]local://upfiles/6893/7CCD34AF7CF746999EE96652EE511463.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-25-2007, 08:53 PM

you got me a little interested they are ok, any good looking body kits?

my zip is 98038, and 98108 either or.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Banned

Bodykits are an extremely bad idea. Most of us (pretty much all lol) are performance oriented. We extremely disslike bodykits.

Let me tell you why. Most bodykits cost a little to begin with, then the installation doubles the cost of the bodykit. Then theres paint, that tripples it. Then when you finally have it all done, you have cops watching your ***. Also, fiberglass is pretty fragile. The fiberglass coating can crack just from wind resistance (trust me, i had a car with a bodykit, look in my gallary. I will never do it again). If you hit a tiny tiny little bump, it will crack and get huge, even if you get a tiny little road stone chip, same thing. And do fix this, is pretty much the entire cost of the bodykit, installation, and paint. Because you have to do it all over again. What im getting across, is that its a VERY bad idea, and a waste of money.

GSXs are performance cars, if you are the bodykit kinda guy, you need to be driving a Honda : )

How far would you be willing to go to get this car? I mean, there are only a few out there.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:02 PM

uh, 100 miles.. thats about it, because my dad would have to go, and he won't take me that far, unless i take a bus or some public transportation...

Old 12-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Banned

Eh, thats unlikely. You could still get one with a few mods, but i doubt you are going to find a fully built one near you.

When its my time to finally get one, i will be flying out to pick it up and driving back. The drive home will be awesome.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:06 PM

haha, i see. so i'm guessin' lancer it is, because my dad wants me to be safe, you know, so he sais 120hp is fine, and it has a roll cage. but before i make my decision do you have anybetter cars besides the GSX??

Old 12-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Banned

Whats your budget?

It has a roll cage with being that slow????

To be honest man, 120 hp i dont think is safe. My girlfriendhas a Toyota Corolla with a little more power than the Lancer, andit is scary because we can neverover take cars on the highway. We have actually had people honking from behind us because they think we are deliberatly going slow, and they dont realize we are going flat out.

Quick Reply: need some car advice