New to import scene

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New to import scene

well the reason you wont feel much power loss is that it doesnt really create much power to begin with

Old 09-13-2006, 09:23 PM

yep exactly, cold air sounds good but there is not much of an hp gain between the two.

i my self am installing a carbon hood that has the vents for a short ram built in so pretty mutch it will act like a cold air any way's just a shorter tube" i also found an air filter cover that let's max air through and is water proof, i use this system on my quad and at first it sounds like crap but i have proven it works, many streems and bogs later. any one want to buy a raptor 660R lol.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

You can get just as much of a power gain from a short ram as a cold air. But remember the more air able to go it you need to let as much if not more air OUT. I'm fairly sure they make a 2.5" header back exhaust setup for the car. I'd also look into possibly port and polishing the intake exhaust and head or get a higher flow exhaust manifold if you're going to be putting a good amount of $ into the car. As for just east bolt on mods go with a lowering spring set, 2.5" exhaust, ram air setup, and some good rubber and rims. I'm a bit of a show off myself when it comes to my car so I'd do a body kit that'll be noticed, and a spoiler that matches the lines of the car (Not one of those aluminum wing things that makes the car look like a grocery cart...). And of course don't forget the bumping stereo system LOL.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

^^ricer with body kits. Im just kiding. Some look good just none for the 2g do.

Old 09-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

I'll agree I haven't seen any REALLY good looking ones for the 2G. Perhaps something from a 1G can be altered? Or someone could make one from scratch? Probably be expensive though...

Old 09-14-2006, 09:01 PM

ok man i got a 2g so dont start dogin! plus it's all what you like youre self if you like it then its cool who cares what every one els thinks, i sure dont! i like my car with a body kit gives it some style and personality![sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 09-16-2006, 03:06 PM

first thing I must say is that the car really isnt an "import". Although its obviously made by mitsu, its using a chrysler powertrain (from mexico) installed in a chassis built in normal, illinois. The transmission choices are either a new-venture 5 speed manual (used by chrysler, GM, and others), or a chrysler built automatic.
The RS and GS models differ from the GST and GSX models in this way, as both the latter use 100 percent mitsubishi drivelines.
second thing to know is that the engine is actually a solid and very good design. the head gaskets are prone to external oil leaks, and were updated twice in the lifetime of the engine. However, it is not harmful to the engine to have this issue... its just a little messy. Often, the minor oil leaks can be rectified by re-torqueing the head bolts, which have a tendency to loosen over time (especially the 4 corner bolts).
otherwise, the driveline is pretty much identical to a Dodge Neon, but with a few small changes. The intake and exhaust manifolds are on opposite sides, etc.etc.
Its a "harsh" engine compared to mitsus (louder, much more vibration, etc), but it is reliable provided you do normal maintence.