prep info needed, going to track (virgin)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 12:52 AM
Default prep info needed, going to track (virgin)

yes, im a virgin at this drag race stuff. on tuesday june 12, 2007 @ raceway park at night time its cruise night. free drags.

i've never been there before, nor raced before, nor have i bought a ticket and decided to sit on a bleechers to watch one. only on tv and internet.

i was wondering, since i was participating, if theres anything the website did not mention that i do before i get into something and mess something up.

i do know a few basics though....
dont burnout cause i cant with awd. (unless i reverse fast enough to build momentum then pop the clutch at first)
dont crash
dont die
dont talk **** nor brag about anything

but im still at a delimma if im gonna pop the clutch @ high rpm, cause i think i read a thread a couple weeks ago about that being very bad for my car and breaking motormounts.

cmon experienced track racers, advice is needed, and please join this festivity on tuesday.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:42 AM
Default RE: prep info needed, going to track (virgin)

.....dont **** up shifting...or if u do hope no one hears it? lol good luck im sure youll do fine...

dont brag dont be a moron...(dont put a gtr emblem on ure car (rofl) lol) uhhb other then that man have fun if ne one talks **** just laugh em off there some stupid *** ppl there but most ppl u meet there can become life long frineds(which means free parts=p) lol jking n way dude just have fun

Old 06-08-2007, 01:51 AM

Don't pop your clutch. Slip it until you're moving, then drop it. Don't slip it too much either or you'll be slipping everywhere. Revved up high with a stock spider will break it...not necessarily right away, but it will. The spider isn't the only thing you might break either.
Watch the light and time it.
Remove any unnecessary items out of your car, i.e. sub box, spare tire (if you dare), tools, etc.. If you're not giving anybody a ride, remove your rear seats. If you have your battery in the trunk, make sure you have it wired up correctly and that you have a switch in the back to turn off the car.
I've also heard to not fill up your tank but only enough to take you down the 1/4 3 times (that varies with your mods btw).
Don't eat before you go to the tracks....j/k

Old 06-08-2007, 09:55 AM

oh yeah, i forgot about stripping the car of extra weight ...

but i was told it really doesnt make a difference. people who strip their entire car down to nothing but a rollcage and a drivers seat have a difference of .000000001 seconds i heard.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

general rule that is followed is 100lbs=0.1sec

also read the IHRA rules for the track. make sure you have anything required for the 1/4 mile you expect to run. For example helmets are required for anything faster than 13.99, though id suggest it even if you dont plan on running that for safety

Old 06-09-2007, 12:33 AM

what if i dont own a helmet or know if my car is faster than 13.99 seconds?

Old 06-09-2007, 12:46 AM

wing it^ lol....jsut dont run the **** out of your car if your still new to all of it...baby it...its free to race anyhow right?

Old 06-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Banned

Buy one from wallmart.

Old 06-10-2007, 03:04 AM

hahahhha

Old 06-10-2007, 04:57 AM

lol. wow. if you dont have a helmet, dial in at 14.1. Most tracks are not on top of you , if you were to break 13's.

If you have the time, search through the evolution threads. In one thread we explain exactly how to run at the track, from launch to finish line. It may take you a while to find it, becuase it's old, but theirs plenty of information for anyone new to the track.

i wish you luck, let us know how you did

Gus

Quick Reply: prep info needed, going to track (virgin)