Price suggestions for Lancer 2015

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 01:13 AM
Default Price suggestions for Lancer 2015

Lancer is the affordable AWD sedan and it is perfect for me. I collected some coupons(around 800 dollars off) and some student discounts from local dealers. The current price for Lancer SE AWD 2015 is 18011(better than edmunds.com price). However, it is still a little more than my budget.
Some people in my city get some good price around 17560.0(from autopriceshare.com). Any suggestion about this deal(18011 for Lancer SE AWD 2015)? is it good?

Last edited by changehappen; 05-18-2015 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:05 PM

I just bought my car last week. got 500 more off through autopriceshare program. I am living in seattle most of time. Nice to meet you!

Old 12-26-2015, 09:41 AM
Default What it's worth

I just bought my 2015 Lancer AWC .I work at the dealership, got 750 off for employee, 1500 rebate and 500 for "holiday purchase" .Mitsu gives these discounts out- I didn't know about coupons! So here's how I worked it.
Sticker in window was 23,500,with some "fancy rims" (who cares),roof racks, an updated Sirius /backupcam, heated seats, rubber floor mats and a few nifty other "bonuses". I came in at 18,100. My registration lists the value at 23k, and because there is no marketplace flooding with This brand- it put me in an awesome place. I also have the joy of a car that turns on every time.
At our dealership- the Mitsubishi tech is so bored some weeks that he is also certified on our other car lines.
In the last 5 years our annual average of actual " repairs" is about 8 tickets,mostly on older models- shocks on an old Montero with 642k miles on its odometer back in October, turbo work on an old eclipse someone tried and failed at modding stuff like that. Primarily we end up doing oil changes, tire rotation, tire purchases and some recalls.
Working for a dealership gave me insight to this brands benefits, longevity and ultimately that's why I went with this car.they don't break, they last their warranty and beyond, and they hold value versus other Brands. I am proud of what I paid, I feel like I stole my car. I'll get all 18k dollars back plus interest in engine lifetime alone.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:38 PM

Anony
Is the Lancer "AWC" permanent, or do you turn it on?

May I ask where this dealership is located?

Old 12-26-2015, 09:18 PM

Dealership is on Western North Carolina.Mitsubishi's AWC is a switch from two to four wheel drive.
The switch has two settings-4wd and 4wd lock.
It can be driven as a four wheel or a two wheel drive, with the option to lock all four wheels in for patchy weather conditions or getting "unstuck " as it were. Mitsu has a couple different types of 4/all wheel functions. I like the AWC- it doesn't hurt mpgs substantially, the vehicle operates well both ways. I will say, however, that the owners manual warns of cutting sharp curves or sharp aggressive steering- which is normal as it pertains to the function. My SuV also had a switch, but my truck had a manual 4x4 gear shift. I prefer this to manual version-i mean if I'm in the snow its no secret that when I get home I don't want to manually disengage 4x4 and have to reverse to get it out of 4x4 once ive finally reached my destination. It's convenient. It's my main focus for purchasing this car.

Originally Posted by The Silent Seed
Anony
Is the Lancer "AWC" permanent, or do you turn it on?

May I ask where this dealership is located?

Old 12-26-2015, 09:31 PM

Thank you - I have the same system in my '13 Outlander SE. I bought it in late August and haven't touched it yet. I'm continually amazed at how this big 4x4 (so to speak) is on gas, when asked. So I'm totally with you on that. I actually was getting 37 mpg yesterday. Freaky! (No, that's not a typo.)
I just hope that the AWC system will be as effective in snow as I am hoping it will be.
I have not seen roof racks on a Lancer - it must look nice. Do you have photos?

Old 12-26-2015, 09:40 PM
Default Sure thing

So yeah- so far great in rain, mud, and light snow. Have not hit the heavy stuff yet this season. I will let you know. I can tell you, I have used the 14 outlander In serious snow last year (thanks job for perks!) It handled quite well, no real slip - kept stable. I can say though, that in ice like we get in the mountains the laws of science apply and yes, even my big SUV and our jeep products have struggled. Takes a competent driver and the right equipment- your car seems to have both.
I'll have to read up on the whole "posting pics" but I'll try for you. My little storm trooper is beautiful.

Thank you - I have the same system in my '13 Outlander SE. I bought it in late August and haven't touched it yet. I'm continually amazed at how this big 4x4 (so to speak) is on gas, when asked. So I'm totally with you on that. I actually was getting 37 mpg yesterday. Freaky! (No, that's not a typo.)
I just hope that the AWC system will be as effective in snow as I am hoping it will be.

Old 12-26-2015, 09:58 PM

I created an album -not sure how to share it. Only had three pics on my phone.
Not the greatest.

Old 12-27-2015, 09:11 AM

Sounds good - and looking forward to being able to see pictures - I agree about the photo thing not being the easiest. I've had two Cherokees and that's what the Outlander will need to compare to. So far, our "non-winter" has been tropical in comparison to previous winters. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were over 60 degrees north of Boston!

Old 12-27-2015, 11:00 AM

Exactly! Last night here was 76 degrees.
Feeling robbed.

Sounds good - and looking forward to being able to see pictures - I agree about the photo thing not being the easiest. I've had two Cherokees and that's what the Outlander will need to compare to. So far, our "non-winter" has been tropical in comparison to previous winters. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were over 60 degrees north of Boston!

Quick Reply: Price suggestions for Lancer 2015