shocking news

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 09:37 PM
Default shocking news

For all of you evo owners and import afficionados, check out who is gonna make your precious EVO's now! You won't be talking on Dodge for much longer. Have fun reading!

Dodge Neon and SRT-4 (Some bad news and then shocking news)

2005-2006

- As you know already, the current generation Dodge Neon ends in the 2006 model year. Currently, before we received the next generation compact car, the Neon & SRT-4 will receive minimal updates. However, that was the bad news

2007- ?

Now on with the good news…

2007 Dodge SRT-4?

The next generation compact car replacement will be built in Belvedere. It will use the hot new world engine that was jointly designed by Mitsubishi, Chrysler, and Hyundai. This world engine will be built in three global locations: Dundee Michigan, South Korea, and Japan. Currently, there is (hinted) a hot optional engine, designed and built by Chrysler, which will not require a turbocharger – think six cylinders in-size that rumored to be release for MY2007. This rumored 6-cylinder is reported to be pushing 300-horsepower. While the next turbo 2.4 liter world engine will begin life at 280-horsepower & 300 ft lbs of torque.

The next generation compact car is currently being designed and engineered by a joint team that consist Chrysler and Mitsubishi. If you take the early platform specs from the Mitsubishi Tarmac concept, the wheelbase is no longer than 99-inch, which is 6-inch shorter than the current 2005 Neon. While both engineering groups are cohesive in building this common platform, the final cars will be very different in character. Insiders already remarked, that the Dodge version would have some design cue element from the PT Cruiser and latest Pacifica.

In North America and Europe, dealerships will be getting the Chrysler version. Even it is sold under the Mitsubishi nameplate. In Asia, the Middle East, and South America, dealerships will be getting the Mitsubishi version. Dodge dealerships will be receiving the Mitsubishi version.

The next generation compact car, Dodge and Mitsubishi versions will have unique interiors and exteriors, including different suspension tuning for various models.

2007 EVO X

The Lancer EVO will come to North America as a Dodge. This car will have some extensive Chrysler involvement with engineering in the two-door version. Yes! A two-door version. Mitsubishi engineers will primarily work the four door. However, members of the Neon ACR team are helping them with this effect. We can owe our gratitude to the strong rally and SCCA success. (The Neon traces its pedigree back to the Shelby Dodges, partly through John Fernandez).

Neon Name? It will almost certainly not be called a Neon but may retain the SRT-4 label. Other rumors from Allpar suggest Demon or Dart as the next nameplate.

The "C segment" design is reportedly complete and being tested and tuned as we speak.

Stay tune for more news….

[IMG]local://upfiles/2471/ACC31AC4650441C3A47896D08DD9779D.gif[/IMG]

Old 12-14-2004, 01:01 AM
Default RE: shocking news

Did Chrysler buy out MMCA? Seems like a lot of speculation....Mitsubishi was slated to be shelved by 2007 from the US market. Unless Chrysler stepped in and bought out Mitsubishi(US & Japanese branchs, and all subsidaries), from all the information publicly posted, Mitsu won't make it to the end of the decade. Chrysler did end the joint partnership back in 1997, and they've survived only for a short time, but it seems only their Heavy Industries are making profits.

This does seem like a stretch...if you can provide the source of this info(legitimate un-biased media please), then maybe it won't be so hard to believe. Haven't heard anything of Chrysler buying out Mitsu(they'd have to do a Renault/Nissan thing since Mitsu is just too much in the hole).

Old 12-21-2004, 11:07 PM

yikes. I don't like that idea at all. and even more, I hate that pic. its a neon. hands down, with an evo wing and hood.... [:@] I'll be one of the many pissed off people in the world if this happens

Old 12-23-2004, 07:03 AM

ORIGINAL: SpyderGS

Did Chrysler buy out MMCA? Seems like a lot of speculation....Mitsubishi was slated to be shelved by 2007 from the US market. Unless Chrysler stepped in and bought out Mitsubishi(US & Japanese branchs, and all subsidaries), from all the information publicly posted, Mitsu won't make it to the end of the decade. Chrysler did end the joint partnership back in 1997, and they've survived only for a short time, but it seems only their Heavy Industries are making profits.

This does seem like a stretch...if you can provide the source of this info(legitimate un-biased media please), then maybe it won't be so hard to believe. Haven't heard anything of Chrysler buying out Mitsu(they'd have to do a Renault/Nissan thing since Mitsu is just too much in the hole).
+1

This is the first time I heard anything about this.

Old 12-28-2004, 05:06 PM

This is the first article I have seen aswell.

That pic WAS shown before on a CONCEPT platform. As we all know CONCEPTS stay in the IMAGINATION. I find it hard to see the Evo platform taken from Mitsu. However, it would not seem far fetched to think the SRT4 will eventually go AWD. Hell even acura is taking it on, even going as far as stating they have the BEST AWD SYSTEM AVALIABLE. Which we all know is bull****. ATTESSA is the most advanced system developed and will almost NEVER be had in the US, unless imported or other means.

The Mitsu. Evolution X will have a new engine as to most of the articles I have read. Still boosted, but newer designed.

A larger pic of the above and a small article that says almost nothing haha http://motoring.iafrica.com/exclusives/335077.htm

http://www.lancerregister.com/attach...&postid=475189

Old 01-05-2005, 08:47 PM

That thing looks weird, looks like it's yelling at you, lol.

Old 01-06-2005, 01:18 AM

I will be so mad if this happens, I didn't even know mitsubishi would last that long to be making new car models.