Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Default Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Hello Everyone.

About six months ago, I bought a 2005 Endeavor with the Tire Pressure Monitoring System from a Ford dealer in my hometown. Since I live nearly 60 miles from the nearest Mitsubishi dealer, I get my oil changed at the localWal-Mart. The time before last, I had them rotate my tires.

Since then, my tire pressure light has been blinking constantly. I've checked the tire pressure, even in the spare. Do I have to take it to a Mitsubishi dealer to have it reset? If so, how much does that cost?

Rich

Old 02-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Default RE: Tire Pressure Monitoring System

The TPMS is the worst thing ANY manufacturor has ever come up with because there are sensors in the wheels and those damn lights constantly come on and make people think that there is something seriously wrong with the tires when there really isn't...maybe a broken sensor because after inflating the tires to the correct pressure, the TPMSshould reset itself within 25 miles of driving..I work at a Ford dealership BTW and am a Master Certified Sales Consultant and alsoAssistant Finance Manager...so do you have beef with Ford dealerships???

I own a '99 Eclipse GS-T and when I have needed it serviced by a Mitsu dealership I also have to travel 60 miles to the nearest one from me but I do it because I have to and know that is the only way my car would get fixed..Now it's just way too convenient working at a dealership and let my service dept. just handle it for me...I know the one mechanic has a scan tool for damn near every make of car out there because he has been doing it for so long and has worked on about everything. Good luck to ya.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

The tpms might need to be re-learned, like shreff99 I work at a fold dealer and after setting the tire pressures and driving it around a few miles andthe lightdoesnt go out you might need to take it to the dealer.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:33 PM

Thanks for the answers. I've been dealing with this Ford Dealer for over 25 years and have found them to be very trustworthy--you kind of have to be to survive that long in our town. The service manager did try to reset it while I was there a few weeks ago, but no luck.

I'll just have to break down and drive up to the city.Does anybody have any guess on how much they charge to reset these things?

So far, this has been the only thing that I haven't liked about the car. If that's all that I have to be upset about, I'll consider myself lucky.

Thanks again,

richcole

Old 02-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

They really shouldn't charge you anything, itr take only a few min. I know the dealer I'm at wouldn't.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:59 PM

If anything at all, should be pretty minimal.