A Used Evo GSR/MR or a New Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Question A Used Evo GSR/MR or a New Ralliart

Hi everyone,

Would like peeps to sound off on this; should I get a new Ralliart or a used Evo GSR/MR? (Ive seen 3 with 9000 miles or less) I saw a used Evo GSR with 543 miles, asking price: approx $30,000. Seems to me this might be the way to go.....also, anyone have thoughts about the paint job on the 2009 Ralliarts? Ive heard its pretty crappy......is this the same issue for the Evo?

Thanks,
Denise

Old 08-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Banned

Mitsubishi paint in general sucks. It's some of the worst.

What ever you do, don't get the MR. It's a big expense for little to no gains. The 6spd transmission is weaker and slower than the 5spd too.

Get a GSR : )

Old 08-14-2009, 02:15 PM

DON'T BELIEVE ABOUT THE PAINT JOB my car is 3 years old 2008 Lancer and paint is still shiny. As long you wax them once a month or every 2 months. I lived in New England and we have weather issues here.
waxing them once a month you will find some little chips or ding that you can paint over.

I wont buy an Evo because you will still pay around 38,000 for a used one with interest or probably more and EATS A LOT OF GAS.
there are a lot of parts of GTS Lancer and you can Twick it with parts from Road Race Motorsports

New Ralliart is 28,000 cash but with interest it will be 32,000 or 34,000.

it is not about the handling it is the money that you will spent.

Last edited by BEAT; 08-14-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Banned

Okay, so you take care of your car. What about everyone else that is experiencing paint fade and flaking? Mitsubishi even came out and said their paint was ****, and offered free resprays for those with Black cars.

He just said he found one almost brand new for 30k, so what's the big deal?

Any boosted car will eat gas if you are constantly boosting. That's a known fact. The new Ralliart is very similar, but does not have nearly as complex of an electronic system. It's the electronics that make an EVO an EVO.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:50 PM

Mitsu paint has always been bad. all the Eclipse GENs right into the Evo 8 and 9. faded clearcoat has been and issue for as long as I can remember with mitsu. esspecially black mitsus.

That aside I vote get a IX over all of the above

Old 08-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Banned

It lives?

Old 08-15-2009, 11:01 AM

huh?....

Old 08-15-2009, 11:36 PM

is this an evo X vs a ralliart? i say evo. u cant get a ralliart in manual. def. get a gsr evo

Old 08-18-2009, 07:31 AM

I have a black Mitsu Lancer 2008 model bought it on 2007 with 55,000 miles and I used it 24/7. My paint is still shiny and been to a lot of snow storm on 95 and 93 interstate. ice,salt,rain,flood on route 9, etc etc AND THE PAINT IS STILL GOOD..(I think I have a pic of my car on the site)

my 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage was white and I have no issue with the paint.

Well, if you don't that's your problem.

As I told you before just wax your car once a month or every 2 months. If I have a good digital camera I will take pic of my car post it here. I used different waxes on my car. Nano Wax, Nu Finish and Mothers.

If you wash your car every 2 months that will Ruin the paint. Of course the paint will fade. I HAND WASH MY CAR with water only and use the absorb rubber chamoise that you can buy at Pep boys for $20.00

Wash your car if it really needed a wash and avoid car wash. DO NOT BE LAZY IT IS YOUR CAR

It really depends on the Owner not the paint. It's not paint it is the owner.
Of course who doesn't like an Evo X but if you can afford gas on everyday traffic go for it and if you don't live in the big cities. it is not a big deal it is your money.

Sebba it has nothing with boosting We are talking about MPG estimated by the government on EVO X.
tell me how mpg city and highway does an evo x gets?

by the way THERE IS NO PRIMER ON ALL MITSUBISHI CARS THAT'S THE PROBLEM NOT THE PAINT.
if there is a clear coat the paint will not cheap BUT YOU CAN AVOID RUINING your paint by the I do it.

trust me it will work.

Last edited by BEAT; 08-18-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:57 AM

that is not true at all dude, While to an extent you are correct it is not completely the owner. I garrentee I take better car of my cars that anyone on this board. I am super OCD. I don't even drive my cars in the rain. I spent hours apon hours detailing my Evo weekly, yes weekly. I prob spent about 7-8 hours a week keeping my car clean and cared for. When I met with the new owner of my Evo a couple of times to show him the car he could not belive how clean it was, he told me I was crazy with keeping the car spotless, My Evo's paint did show some small clearcoat fade in some places while very minor it is only the start. Lhausi's Evo is even worse his paint is faded all over, both cars were black.

Mitsu even said when the Evo was released that they used cheaper paints on thier car's to keep them afforable.

Just take a look at all black 3Gs esspecially the 2000-2002 model years. They will almost all have fadded clear, red is the next worse color. Not all mistu's have this issue the 3G's were the worst. The 2Gs seem to be pretty close behind but the age of 2Gs along with being neglected you can't expect anything different.

The issue with the Evo is the paint is soft. You can litterally press your fingernail into the paint and chip it off. The bad thing with this is that you'll get rock chips like crazy

Quick Reply: A Used Evo GSR/MR or a New Ralliart