What's this part called - Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

What's this part called

Old 02-03-2018, 09:45 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1
Default What's this part called

I have been searching my butt off and can't find what this part is. It is the bracket that runs from the center of the lower radiator support under the car, it looks to have a engine mount or trans mount on it. Thanks for any ideas. I really want to get my gt running soon!
Old 02-25-2018, 10:22 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 21

can you take pics of this part
Old 07-10-2018, 12:40 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 3
Default ya

The part you are asking about is simply a cross member. You are correct in that it also acts as a trans mount, or power train mount. You are looking at 5 bolts to remove, one horizontal 14mm securing the damper, or round part of the mount itself, and 4 17mm vertical securing the mount to your sub frame,. If you are planning to remove it for any reason DO NOT forget to place a floor jack under it. The damn thing is heavy and will fall on ur head if not careful
Old 07-11-2018, 09:57 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 3

yoiur welcome
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
Mitsubishi Outlander
03-21-2017 05:50 PM
3rd Generation
08-13-2007 11:24 PM
2nd Generation
02-04-2007 12:50 PM
Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos
11-18-2006 11:44 AM
General Mitsubishi Chat
10-13-2006 09:09 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's this part called

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.