y0o

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 04:41 PM
Default RE: y0o

ORIGINAL: EclipseRyd3r

ORIGINAL: jpmontero98

lip kit...body kits are the spawn of evil and cockieness...nice riems....is it auto or standard?
its auto. Lip kit? alright ill look into that.

Any advice on the engine?
leave it alone b/c without spending 3-4k it wont make s h i t for power

Old 05-30-2007, 07:24 PM

^ AYE mate, i own an auto rs and me car is only for show and daily driving, trust me, Auto is not meant to race with, its meant to be able to fool around

Old 05-31-2007, 07:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Kaede.Noir

^ AYE mate, i own an auto rs and me car is only for show and daily driving, trust me, Auto is not meant to race with, its meant to be able to fool around
He's right, if you use your auto for race purposes the tranny will give
out on you sooner or later. You might not get tranny problems for awhile
either but one morning when you start the car and you put it in "Drive/Reverse"
and it doesn't move you are in the last days/weeks/months[if your lucky]of your transmission.
And duringthat time your transwill be slipping gears like crazy.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:12 AM

here's the deal. the fastest 420a there is is running 10's right now. this is over 35k invested into he car and that is from a company. basically you are running high 15's - low 16's right now. after buying a stage 2 turbo kit you will be running high mid - high 14's. which is relativeily still slow. after that there is nowhere to go until you spend another 1500 to rebuild the bottom end... a looonnnggg story short. get a cold air intake (aem, or injen are recomended), header back exhaust, possibly a lightweight flywheel and a lightweight crank pulley and call it a day. if you are looking for LITTLE more after that... you can get some cams but that's where the line is drawn and ur pretty much sol unles you wanna dump many K's of dollars into it. as for the exterior. in my personal opinoin the stock 2gb look is the best looking eclipse out there which means you would need 2gb head lights, front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper and extend ur reverse light wires. after that and a nice paint job it will be lookin good expecially with a 97-99 turbo wing. a lip kit would also make it stand out along with some carbon fiber accents. hood and trunk look beautiful.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:51 PM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

here's the deal. the fastest 420a there is is running 10's right now. this is over 35k invested into he car and that is from a company. basically you are running high 15's - low 16's right now. after buying a stage 2 turbo kit you will be running high mid - high 14's. which is relativeily still slow. after that there is nowhere to go until you spend another 1500 to rebuild the bottom end... a looonnnggg story short. get a cold air intake (aem, or injen are recomended), header back exhaust, possibly a lightweight flywheel and a lightweight crank pulley and call it a day. if you are looking for LITTLE more after that... you can get some cams but that's where the line is drawn and ur pretty much sol unles you wanna dump many K's of dollars into it. as for the exterior. in my personal opinoin the stock 2gb look is the best looking eclipse out there which means you would need 2gb head lights, front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper and extend ur reverse light wires. after that and a nice paint job it will be lookin good expecially with a 97-99 turbo wing. a lip kit would also make it stand out along with some carbon fiber accents. hood and trunk look beautiful.
alright thank alot, i looked up everything u listed and it all looked good. now its time to empty out my bank acount rofl...

im gonna go with AEM intake and Flowtech headers, when i get enough money ill start with the body.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:44 AM

dont make it a ricer and il be happy i think white car are good with neon

Old 06-01-2007, 07:00 AM

my old blue eclipse had the setup i just listed. AEM CAI, OBX Racing header, OBX 2.5" racing intermediate pipe, OBX Racing high flow cat and Thermal R&D 3" catback. They sent me the turbo exhaust instead of the n/a exhaust that's why it was 3", but normally it would have been 2.5". I also had a B&M short shifter, Venom 400 chip (didn't do much at alll), along with my ported throttle body and greddy grounding kit. Exterior wise i had a Bombex drift body kit, CF hood, motegi 18" hyper silver rims and a LED lights kit. i really liked it for a long time but towards the end of the time that i owned it the body kit got on my nerves really bad. i'll prolly never own a kit again, and if i do... it will NOT be fiberglas.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:25 AM

i know im about to give you the most unpopular answer on this forum but...this is what i have decided for with my 96' GS......im going to skip really putting alot of money into the engine and get some fresh paint and a polyurethane body kit. i have a 4-1 header, a cold air and a new clutchon my 420a and i think that is the most im going to do! just get me some rims you know like some17 or 18'sand just make a flashy ride!

Old 06-01-2007, 08:04 AM

IMO performance>looks...but for my case not alot i can do with the montero so im workin on my radio....gettin a new head unit soon and sub box=WIP if you want to spend $$$ for a show car look go audio....subs,fiberglass encloser and cool headunit

Old 06-01-2007, 09:12 AM

gsxpimp, that's a good idea. RS and GS's were meant for show not for go. that is where they belong. get some rims, turbo spoiler, 2gb conversion and you'll be lookin good.