Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

91' eclipse exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Default 91' eclipse exhaust

i recently bought a 91' eclipse, and i want to buy a new exhaust for it, it still has the stock exhaust, so i want to know what kind of exhaust i could get that would be cheap, but wouldn't reduce hp, and that would sound good

Old 02-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Default RE: 91' eclipse exhaust

you can get a cheap ones at the muffler shop's, they carry magnaflow, flow masters and some cans...

Old 02-21-2006, 12:21 AM

okay thanks, but what would sound best?

Old 02-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

I wouldn't get either of those. Some of the best systems you can get are going to come from any of these:

HKS
Greddy
APEX N1

All of these are equally good. One question i have is do you have a turbo or N/A? Either way though you should probably get a 3" catback system to start. You may be able to find other systems as well that will give you just as good HP gain for cheaper. Just do some reaserch and you'll find plenty

Old 02-21-2006, 05:35 PM

thanks, and i don't have a turbo, unfortunately lol. but i'll look into that, and i dont even have a cat right now, only a test pipe, so i dont know if i want to just get a muffler and a cat, or go ahead and the whole thing. my only concern is money, i dont know if i have enough to get the whole thing, headers and all.

Old 02-21-2006, 06:12 PM

Get a gst catback, it will be the cheapest replacment that will offer any hp. Other then that you can get a pacesetter monza system, which is the cheapest that i have come across. It sounds alright, summit has it for 215.

Old 02-22-2006, 12:56 AM

hey thanks guys for all the help, i checked out the pace setter monzo's and they look nice, and aren't too expensive

Old 02-22-2006, 02:12 AM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

I wouldn't get either of those. Some of the best systems you can get are going to come from any of these:

HKS
Greddy
APEX N1

All of these are equally good. One question i have is do you have a turbo or N/A? Either way though you should probably get a 3" catback system to start. You may be able to find other systems as well that will give you just as good HP gain for cheaper. Just do some reaserch and you'll find plenty
dude, the guy want some of the cheap ones.....HKS, GREEDY AND APEX'I N1, are you ready to spend some money?? by the way, those are good brands and will cost you $500.00 ( back in my days, w/ my 97 gst) for the whole system. but its good,all good.

Old 02-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

well actually i found a deal on my HKS exhaust and it was only $150. There are deals you just gotta find them. Also they arn't all the same. Some mufflers will have better sound and much better flow, and the overall system will have higher quality bends and minimize the bends.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:04 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

well actually i found a deal on my HKS exhaust and it was only $150. There are deals you just gotta find them. Also they arn't all the same. Some mufflers will have better sound and much better flow, and the overall system will have higher quality bends and minimize the bends.
no you didnt.... I got you that deal cause I knew the poor sap who owned it and didnt know what it was worth. You got that HKS exhaust from him for $50 and had to give him a apexi mufler and pay to have it welded on. I FOUND YOU THAT DEAL YOU JERK, you had nothing to do with it

Quick Reply: 91' eclipse exhaust