Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

ebay intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Default RE: ebay intake

ORIGINAL: g9s5t

that doesnt sound like a bad intake.. that sounds like the wrong intake
its a bad intake. it was made for my car. it was just poorly designed.

Old 10-14-2005, 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

2G ECLIPSE OR 3G?? HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE W/ MY 3G ECLIPSE, BUT THIS ONE IS FROM INJEN. SIDE ARM RUBBING THE BATTERY AND THE FILTER IS RUBBING THE RADIATOR FAN COVER / RELAY.

Old 10-14-2005, 10:05 AM

back before i started learning about my car, i went to a 'performance shop' in town and told them I wanted an intake. well they gave me a 'R Racing' intake or something like that. well, after opening the box, it had no MAS adapter. so i was unable to hookup my MAS. next thing i noticed after installing it, the mounting holes were about 5 inches off from where they were suppose to be. then, i noticed that the piping would rub the battery. after about a week of driving(without MAS, horrible gas mileage), the battery had almost rubbed a hole completely through the piping. so i took off the intake, put on an Injen, and decided that I would start learning about my car before i did anything else to it.
THAT SHOP MESSED UP BIG TIME.....MAYBE THOSE GUYS ARE BUNCH OF HONDA FANATICS.

Old 10-14-2005, 10:58 AM

ORIGINAL: wicked_outlander

2G ECLIPSE OR 3G?? HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE W/ MY 3G ECLIPSE, BUT THIS ONE IS FROM INJEN. SIDE ARM RUBBING THE BATTERY AND THE FILTER IS RUBBING THE RADIATOR FAN COVER / RELAY.
It was for a 3G. I have an Injen now, and it fits perfect. Where did you get your Injen from? If you got it from ebay, I will bet that its not a real Injen. I've seen pictures of some ebay intakes with the Injen sticker on the piping.

back before i started learning about my car, i went to a 'performance shop' in town and told them I wanted an intake. well they gave me a 'R Racing' intake or something like that. well, after opening the box, it had no MAS adapter. so i was unable to hookup my MAS. next thing i noticed after installing it, the mounting holes were about 5 inches off from where they were suppose to be. then, i noticed that the piping would rub the battery. after about a week of driving(without MAS, horrible gas mileage), the battery had almost rubbed a hole completely through the piping. so i took off the intake, put on an Injen, and decided that I would start learning about my car before i did anything else to it.
THAT SHOP MESSED UP BIG TIME.....MAYBE THOSE GUYS ARE BUNCH OF HONDA FANATICS.
I don't think they messed up, they were just taking advantage of a guy who didn't really know much about what he wanted. there are two guys there with very nice GSTs, and the guy that runs the place has a very nice Evo. they win at NOPI every year and most of the time, they know what they are talking about. but now that I have learned, I haven't been back there.

Old 10-16-2005, 09:42 AM

It was for a 3G. I have an Injen now, and it fits perfect. Where did you get your Injen from? If you got it from ebay, I will bet that its not a real Injen. I've seen pictures of some ebay intakes with the Injen sticker on the piping.

i, got that one straight from injen, from what i, heard theres a missed calculation of angle set up. and this systems are applied to most 00' mod. eclipse. but the 01 up mods. systems has been corrected. ( this is due to the fact that, injen offered the same systems for V6 and 4 cyl).

Old 10-16-2005, 09:45 AM

I don't think they messed up, they were just taking advantage of a guy who didn't really know much about what he wanted. there are two guys there with very nice GSTs, and the guy that runs the place has a very nice Evo. they win at NOPI every year and most of the time, they know what they are talking about. but now that I have learned, I haven't been back there.

(in reply to wicked_outlander)

uhhhh...scammin fellow tuners. uhh well, they are about to loose another good customer.

Old 10-16-2005, 02:46 PM

uhhhh...scammin fellow tuners. uhh well, they are about to loose another good customer.
well they didn't totally lose me as a customer until i went to buy the GReddy Evo II exhaust. they wanted to charge $800 for the exhaust. i ended up getting it from $500 from NOPI and i haven't been back to that shop

Old 10-22-2005, 03:36 PM

well they didn't totally lose me as a customer until i went to buy the GReddy Evo II exhaust. they wanted to charge $800 for the exhaust. i ended up getting it from $500 from NOPI and i haven't been back to that shop
dang....800 bucks?? well that $500 is about the right price for greedy exhaust. for 800, i could find a JIC exhaust w/ that...lol

Old 10-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Just like I always say RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH!!! If you don't bother comparing and searching for the best prices then you'll ALWAYS overpay at least a little bit. You'll save time and $ in the long run looking at all your options before buying.

Old 11-08-2005, 12:56 AM

dude ebay intakes are fine just but the maf sensoy plate and all that too just buy the right one and it is all good

Quick Reply: ebay intake