Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

flexible exhaust pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Default flexible exhaust pipes

i saw these flexible exhaust pipes the other day and i was wondering if they would work as good as the solid exhaust pipes. they were flexible b/c it is a bunch of joints held together. its 2.25 to 2.5 inches if you were wondering

Old 05-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Default RE: flexible exhaust pipes

hmmmmmmmmm.... Flexiable huh? you got a website or pictures for it?

Old 05-01-2006, 09:21 PM

sorry i dont have a website or pics of it. i saw it at fleet farm/fleet boutique.

i think ill just get a solid one just so i know it works.

Old 05-01-2006, 10:11 PM

Yeah, I've never heard of anything like that... I know that most downpipes have a flex section in them to reduce vibration, but I'm guess that that's not what you're talking about?

Old 05-01-2006, 10:32 PM

ORIGINAL: jaday

Yeah, I've never heard of anything like that... I know that most downpipes have a flex section in them to reduce vibration, but I'm guess that that's not what you're talking about?
no its not the flex part from the downpipe, it was like 6 ft long. i dont know too much about the exhaust but i found these mixed in with all the other exhaust pipes and thought it was an exhaust pipe. o well

Old 05-02-2006, 04:13 PM

If they are what Im thinking they are they are junk. NEVER use those. At best they are only good for a quick fix for a tractor or something.

this>>> http://www.rosedikart.com/exhaust_silencers.htm if this is what Im thinking you are talking about. There are actually 2 kinds of flexible exhaust pipe. The others are better (althought I still wouldnt use it). But if the last 2 pics in this link is the one you seen, dont use it.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:27 PM

What are you trying to accomplish that you want to use a flex pipe? Of all the half-assed exhausts I have had over the years I still never ventured into the "metal dryer vent" exhaust. You can buy pipes that are pre- bent and non vehicle specific if money is the concern, also it shouldn't cost too much to have a shop bend the pipes for you.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Banned

Are yoi kidding? Thats the exact same exhaust i have on my 100cc racing kart lol...look at the website... its a karting website man!!!

Old 05-02-2006, 06:53 PM

Don't use those pipes, the guy that has my car before me put one on there and it started leaking like a bitch, you bend it twice and it's screwed. I pulled if off and welded a solid piece...Stay away from flexpipes/bendable exhaust bs!

Old 05-03-2006, 08:17 AM

I just used that website because of the pics, doesnt matter what website it is.

Quick Reply: flexible exhaust pipes