Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

HELP FAST CAR WONT START AFTER INSTALL!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Default RE: HELP FAST CAR WONT START AFTER INSTALL!!!

Wouldn't hurt to try.
I still get the feeling that you haven't checked around the work area though. No offense. It could be something simple as one of the spark plug wires accidentally being pulled up enough to not make contact on the distro cap and that can cause your plug to not get spark and why it might be soaked with fuel....do you follow me? Do you have relays on the firewall (I'm going by Avenger/Sebring experience here)?

Old 11-15-2006, 09:23 PM

the wires are fine, just the plugs soaked. what do the relays look like?

Old 11-15-2006, 09:33 PM

I don't know what you're looking for, lol. The relays look like, well, relays, lol. I'm not saying or trying to say you're dumb or anything like that, I just don't know how to explain it better.
Just look along your firewall close to the top, not at engine level.

Old 11-15-2006, 10:30 PM

i'll have to look in the morning. i know i didn't bump anything, i've intstalled a million intakes. would it not start if the plugs are **** like that? i just don't see wtf is wrong lol.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:36 PM

Well, the thing that I picked up on is that plug and how fouled and soaked it was. That means that the spark is either being blown out because of a gapping issue or that the plug isn't getting power to spark and is just getting fuel dumped onto it. The smoke is for being rich. You may have more plugs not firing too. Those behind and under the plenum. To me the easiest way to check is to push on the wires connected to the distributor cap. These computer ran cars need every sensor to be working and connected to run nowadays. So the best advice I could give you is to check the area of the install and make sure nothing was removed and not replaced. Make sure the battery wasn't grounded and causing a blown fuse or melted wire.
I agree that an install like that shouldn't net you the undesired affect that you're going through now, but it has. I can't see your car, I can only help guide you to where issues may lay. There's hardly ever a "quick fix" to anything, unless someone doing the same thing goes through what you have and his issue is identical. That's a far fetch though, since every car and issue are usually different.
So good luck and we'll try somemore tomorrow

Old 11-16-2006, 12:13 AM

well the negative terminal on the battery was for sure off, so i'm pretty positive that nothing is fried or blown..

would bad MAS or the wrong MAS (4 cyl.) cause any of this?

Old 11-16-2006, 12:17 AM

wait, if the 4 cyl one was from an auto tranny would that make any difference?

Old 11-16-2006, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: mountaindewguy

wait, if the 4 cyl one was from an auto tranny would that make any difference?
no that shouldnt matter

Old 11-16-2006, 06:08 PM

it might just have to sit until next friday when i get paid then and can take it to the dealership. i'm so confused.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:31 PM

ok, i got a different one to work and its FINE now... i drove it for about 2 hours, and now a NEW problem

my service engine soon light is on!!! it ran fine, it came on about 2-3 hours after driving it..?

any ideas? still seems to run just fine.

btw, the short ram is on.

Quick Reply: HELP FAST CAR WONT START AFTER INSTALL!!!