Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

i'd like to gain more HP

Old 03-10-2007, 12:55 AM
Default i'd like to gain more HP

ok i boughtan '03 eclipse spyderGT about 3 months ago and i love this car, however i'd like to get more HP out of it, i don't want to go too far with it i mean no super or turbo chargers, basically what would be a good combination for an upgrade including headers, exhaust, air intake, pls include brands and the amount of hp i would get......thanks...................by the way, i don't like noisy cars so don't include exhaust systems that will just make my car a loud bitch.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:11 AM
Default RE: i'd like to gain more HP

well exhaust and intake will add some hp but if u get full exhaust dont get a rice can lol get like a magnaflomuffler one for imports it'll give it a good note thats not to loud

Old 03-10-2007, 11:02 AM

a header will make your car loud. In order to feel the power youll need a cold air intake exhaust and header with an SAFC tuned for hte header and youll make about 10-15 HP on a dyno. The 3G cars dont improve much with mods at all. I had 2 of them a few years ago they are not easy to make fast unless you turbo or Ripp SDS the thing.

Old 03-11-2007, 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

a header will make your car loud. In order to feel the power youll need a cold air intake exhaust and header with an SAFC tuned for hte header and youll make about 10-15 HP on a dyno. The 3G cars dont improve much with mods at all. I had 2 of them a few years ago they are not easy to make fast unless you turbo or Ripp SDS the thing.
correct!!! and be prepared to put down some money for those mods =D

Old 04-01-2007, 02:05 AM

IVE GOT STAINLESS HEADER AND 4INCH CATBACK WITH A TEST PIPE, I CUT THE MUFFLER OFF THE EXHAUST FOR A LITTLE MORE BOOST, P.S. MY CAR IS QUIETER THAN A GOD DAMN MOUSE!!!

JUST FIND EVERYTING ON EBAY AND YOULL BE FINE - DOESNT HURT YOUR POCKETBOOK EITHR AND YOU STILL HAV EYOUR WARRENTY!!! HEHEHEHE

Old 04-01-2007, 02:56 AM

ORIGINAL: damek

IVE GOT STAINLESS HEADER AND 4INCH CATBACK WITH A TEST PIPE, I CUT THE MUFFLER OFF THE EXHAUST FOR A LITTLE MORE BOOST, P.S. MY CAR IS QUIETER THAN A GOD DAMN MOUSE!!!

JUST FIND EVERYTING ON EBAY AND YOULL BE FINE - DOESNT HURT YOUR POCKETBOOK EITHR AND YOU STILL HAV EYOUR WARRENTY!!! HEHEHEHE
Please post pics of you car. I would like to see this Galant with the turbo, headers?, and nos pushing 900+ hp

Old 04-05-2007, 01:51 PM

ORIGINAL: damek

Wow, watch out! This dude means BUSINESS for realz! And egay bro? And I'd love to see a turbo charged car that has an aftermarket turbo manifold, test pipe, 4" exhaust and no muffler be anything near quiet HAHAHAHA. Dude, I've got a turbo'd 1.5 with a manifold that is restrictive as all get out, a 2.5" dump pipe, IT DOES HAVE A CAT, and a 2.5" catback exhaust WITH MUFFLER and it's loud as hell. I think somebody needs to lay off the illicit pharmacuticals long enough to make a decent post.

Just my $0.02 though, you can continue with your day now

Old 04-05-2007, 01:54 PM

Quieter than a mouse fart? 900hp? GALANT? Wow... someone has lost their mind.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Dusty Eclipse

Quieter than a mouse fart? 900hp? GALANT? Wow... someone has lost their mind.
That's what I was thinking, but didn't want to be too hasty in my assesment. Glad my sentiments are shared

Old 04-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Banned

Hehehehe n00bs.. gotta love em

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: i'd like to gain more HP