Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

ITB's ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 12:58 AM
Default ITB's ???

hey guys ..
i keep on seing the GSXR tbs pop up on ebay dirt cheap!
i mean 4 41mm tb are better than a single 70 or 80mm
plus i would say a way better/crisper throtle response!
and to make things even more intersting since theres a spot for anoather set of injectors which would alow you to run 2 sets of injectors

has anyone done anyhting like this thats on here???

Old 01-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Default RE: ITB's ???

Ebay is not a performance parts store!! We really need to make put that as a sticky or something

Old 01-04-2008, 06:14 PM

ORIGINAL: bestwiseguy

Ebay is not a performance parts store!! We really need to make put that as a sticky or something
umm yeah!!!
but how is it a performance part ??
its from a suzuki hayabusa !!! now you tell me how the **** is that got to do with mitsubishi ???

the reason why i posted question is because i remeber a couple of years back they were used for converting some of the CIS VW's to ITB's Using these. i was just wondering if anyone has attempted this on a 4G63T. also this would allow a surge tank design and the BOV can be mounted on the surge to reduce heat soak from piping and further improve turbo response.

BTW...
just because some ppl have the skill and imagination of being able to use parts from other cars to improve the performance of their cars doesnt mean you have to bash them.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:33 PM

Im not bashing anyone, I just dont trust ebay for any kind of automotive parts. Dont get your panties in a bunch.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:03 PM

i wasnt aware that you could use itb's in a forced induction car... i thought it had to be n/a

Old 01-05-2008, 05:06 PM

the reason why i go to ebay is that sometimes you can find some good deals...
but you have to be carefull what you get and who you get it from. i agree with that.
but as far as performance wise... again becarefull, the reason why turbos are so cheap is bacuse they are garbage!
they are not balanced and they most likely are put togather by a bunch of 12 year olds!
but other items are worth mentioning is wastegates, intercoolers, turbo headers, BOV's
just beacuse they are carbon coppies for a less price of the name brand stuff. why would i pay $300 for a type S when i can get a carbon copy "ebay" brand for half price for the same valve !!! oooooooohhh it dont say greddy on it but its basicly the same valve!! as far as the wastegates.. theres a crap load of tial knock offs on there !!
thats where i got my T4 kit from too !!!
im gonna run it till the turbo blows up...
but for $550 to my door its sweet f u c k all for a complete T4 kit with a wastegate as well
here's a link...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DSM-E...QQcmdZViewItem
as for the FMIC this is what im gonna be using...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-INT...mZ250201295762

as far as saying ebay is not a performance store... your right a bit...
i know what you pay is what you get, but when you start out anything is better than nothing.
as far as everything i got off ebay i will be documenting closely and see how things work out.
still have to get 2 temp probes and see how efficient she is compared to the "name brand" stuff.

ad as far as the intake manifold i think i will go ahead and build my own with a ITB/surge tank setup.
meh ...
i started to see that this place is no better than the VWVortex where its all about bashing what other ppl do.
specially sebba! if you dont like it keep that s h i t to yourself !!!

last i remeber forums were for sharing ideas and have input on its feasability.
not about bashing someones ideas or questions.
i've fabricated everything from a simple shelf to parts for a 90 Ton hydraulic press.
its all in your imagination, and when they said in school that the sky is the limit they were kindah right.
sitting here i already have the design in my head, but as of right now dont have acess to a bridge port nor a lathe at the time, but i will find somewhere i can do my own machining.
as for this...
maybe my last post on here.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: sk8dudety

i wasnt aware that you could use itb's in a forced induction car... i thought it had to be n/a
both the skyline and supras use ITB's on the veilside manifolds...

Old 02-13-2008, 10:53 PM
AMM

itb's can be used on forced induction engines, they are overly complicated and a PITA to tune if u ask me so i say just stick with a single big throttle body............. on a forced induced application of course.

mike