Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Local shop 3in turbo back exhaust - recommedned?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Default Local shop 3in turbo back exhaust - recommedned?

I read this article on another forum about going to a local shop and having them fabricate the pipes for a turbo back exhaust build. Is this a smart move? Has anyone done this? It sounds reasonable and cost effective if you are on a budget and not trying to build an insane car.

Thoughts?

Thx

Old 12-16-2006, 10:15 PM
Default RE: Local shop 3in turbo back exhaust - recommedned?

It's an alternative route really. You also have the option to get stainless steel or the "rustastic" steel, lol.
You can use whatever muffler you want to use, if you need a cat, you can get one too...a resonator...whatever you like and cost is up to you. A prefab exhaust will cost you...well, it will cost you the amount(s) that you see online. You're not over charged for a prefab + the shipping, instead you're only charged the labor and parts.
Just incase you didn't know, you can buy all your parts and bring it in to an exhaust shop and have them put it together for you too.

Old 12-17-2006, 03:30 PM

Yea I know that, but it seems all the kits I like run a grand or above.

Old 12-17-2006, 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: nyc95gst

Yea I know that, but it seems all the kits I like run a grand or above.
I hear ya. That's why I always suggest one put together as opposed to a prefab. There's nothing wrong with the prefabs at all, it's just that they are pretty pricey compared to one that you put together (muffler, cat, resonator, DP, all bought seperate) and have installed and welded by a local exhaust shop.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:22 PM

On my 1st car I was runnin straight headers for awhile and I took it to a shop and they did a 2.5" and Welded my tip on too for 120. I didnt think that was bad at call plus it made it sound alot nicer. But now I have a prefab N1 3" turboback on my Eclipse and it sounds beautiful. I think going to a shop would be a safe move. I had no problems with mine and they bent the piping rite there and I watched them do everything. Some people tho will make you put on a cat because the "emissions" law or w.e